cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index value maintenance directly in a Production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to control the access to T-code: REAJINDX ( Index value maintenance) by Authorization Management (Profile Generator/Role management) in a closed system (Production) for configuration?

Authorization Object: S_TABU_NAM

Activity: 02

Table: V_REAJINDXCLASS

The requirement is the Index value maintenance directly in a Production system (closed system for the configuration) through the Authorizacion Management.

Thanks and best regards,

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

this issue is described in the SAP note [829316|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/829316] but should only appear in Release 47x200 and be resolved in higher releases.

But prerequisite for maintaining the index values with REAJINDX is that the system has system type 'production system'. (you can check this in table T000 with transaction SM31, Client role 'P' for Production).

If it still does not work although the client is set as productive, you might check the view VC_REAJINDX if 'current settings' is set. (Please refer to SAP note [307612|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes307612] that describes how to check this)

Hope this helps.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

First, thanks for your quick response. I haven´t got to solve the problem with these notes. I would like to explain in further detail the issue and the current system configuration.

The configuration for the Client (T000) is the following:

Client Role: T (Test) or P (Production)

Changes and Transport for Client-Specific objects: No Changes Allowed

Cross-Client Objects changes: 3-No Changes to Repository and Cross-Client Customizing objects

The configuration for the object VC_REAJINDX (SOBJ) is the following:

Category: CUST

Transport: 2-Automatic Transport

Adjustment: Automatically adjustable

Current Settings: Marked

With this configuration at client level and for this object, it is not possible to maintain the Index values in the target client. Then my question (doubt) is if it´s possible to maintain the index values in despite of this configuration by Authorization management (User roles/Profile Generator) for this object (Example: Give authorization to modify this object (in order to maintain the values) to a Key User with a specific role, SU01). Or if it´s not possible, then It´s necessary to change the configuration for the object (VC_REAJINDX) for the fields, Category, or/and Transport,... For this option, it´s necessary to modify the SAP standard using a Developer key and I´m not sure if it is a recommended solution.

But my client wants to maintain the index values directly from PRD system and not from a DEV system and after transport the updates to PRD.

On the other hand, the error message that the system shows it isn´t the message number TK430, It is the message nº SV052, No maintenance authorization for requested data (Diagnosis: You have attempted, in change mode, to access data for which you have no authorization.). This is the reason I think, maybe, it is possible to control it through the Authorization management.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Fernando

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

please use transaction SU53 after you get the message SV 052 to show the last authorization check that failed.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

The issue was clarified and fixed. It is possible to maintain the index value by Authorization management in PRD system (Client role). The problem was I didn´t have access to the PRD system. I only have access to the TST system (Client role: T) to do my tests and the customizing can´t be modified directly. For PRD client (role defined from SCC4 T-code) some objects can be updated directly with independence that the client is closed for the customizing. This is one of these objects, Index values maintenance or Translation rates maintenance.

The SAP notes you provide me, your support and the SAP documentation was key to understand and solve the issue.

Thanks very much and best regards,

Fernando Díaz