cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APODPDANT displayed as a percentage?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus:

Does anyone know if it is possible to "display" APODPDANT (Prop Factors) as a percentage in a Planning Book? For instance, if at the Product Family level, the total in APODPDANT is 10000 and it is 9000 at one material and 1000 at another material. I would like the display for APODPDANT to show:

PF 100%

mat 1 90%

mat 2 10%

The reason why is because this KF is used for disaggregation and my users want to see the %s Otherwise, they have to calculate them manually to see what is happening with their forecast.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea

If you are using /SAPAPO/MC8V to calculate proportional factors, the programs uses a base of 10,000. So if you divide the APODPANT key figure by 100, you should get a percentage number.

And remember that the 10000 base is based on the selection criteria you used for the MC8V program. So for this to work, you would have to run MC8V for just these two materials in the selection, in this example. If you have some other characteristic like say Product Group, you could run MC8V for each product group and then you could divide APODPDANT by 100 to get a percentage distribution across that Product Group.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using mc8v. But I'm still a little confused. Here is a real life example:

Statistical Model which is used for proportions (this is for one month)

PF = 10,246

mat1 = 9,835

mat2 = 411

APODPDANT shows this for that month:

PF = 16,342

mat1 = 15,686

mat2 = 656

I was hoping I could see this for APODPDANT for that month:

PF = 100

mat1 = 96

mat2 = 4

If i can't change how APODPDANT displays, I guess I can create another KF and do the calculation against APODPDANT after I run mc8v and store these results in the new KF.

Any thoughts if this is a good approach? My users wanted to see the % breakout.

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea

SAP uses large numbers intentionally for APODPDANT - to minimize errors in rounding. Purely for display purposes, if you want you can show percentages. But make sure users are aware that it wont be exact match with APODPDANT.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thanks for the reply. To show the percentages, how do you recommend I go about doing that? Can I change the display of APODPDANT somewhere to show the percentage...maybe in the BI object or in the PB/DV design? Or do I need to create another KF to calculate and show the percentage?

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea

I would create a new KF. Don't want to mess around with SAP delivered content.

Rishi Menon

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a functionality in the planning book to switch between percentage display and absolute value display.

The button "percentage <-> absolute" is only active when you're in a disaggregated view with total and detailed lines.

If you don't want other key figures to be involved, you can create a dataview which is used to display proportional factor only.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for and it works