cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order versioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a client requirement that , they want to maintain the Sales order versions for every save after sales order change and be available to view from web portal.

Example:

Sales order created - 01.01.2012 (1st version)

Sales order Modified - 01.10.2012 and saved (2nd version)

Sales order modified - 01.12.2012 and saved (3rd version)

In the above case, when the user clicks on 1st version from web portal, the data available before creating 2nd version should be shown on web portal. In similar way, for all the version documents for each version (Not the current data. Ofcourse, the current data will be the latest data from VBAK/VBAP).

Scope of Data: Header, Item (Including Pricing and text )

Are there any alternatives to achieve this requirement using CDHDR / CDPOS? I tried to achieve it using CDHDR / CDPOS, but looks it is not feasible (especially when it comes to Pricing data).

Kindly provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check t.code AUT10? In this t.code you can find details for pricing changes.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivaram,

Thanks for the quick response. But the Transaction AUT10 will provide the change log created at transaction level or table level.

could you help me to understand the best approach to have the sales document versions in SAP via custom development (I believe no standard solution in place in SAP ECC).

One solution I have in mind is that, create custom tables to store the Header , Item and Pricing information parallel to VBAK, VBAP and KONV (using sales order user exit "USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT") for limited fields (required to present on portal UI screen) with version number for every change (similar to how it updates in change record tables with change doc. number) and build FM to read these table whenever RFC from WEB UI for specific sales order version details. But I am not sure, how best it work and wanted to check with you experts is there any other best approach where I can achieve this requirement.

Thanks,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your proposal looks good. Similar requirements was discussed in the forum, please check the thread http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2113094

Regards,

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the fields to be displayed in web portal are limited, I believe it is not required to maintain a ztable when the changes are available in the tables. If the user is able to select the specific version of a sales order (identified by a date and time) you can get the OLD values for these fields from the CDHDR/CDPOS tables.

Since you are going to display the list of sales order versions in the portal for the user to select....how do you identify the number of versions available for a sales orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram,

Thanks for the link.

Hi Ravi Sankar,

You are right. I can take the change record entries from CDHDR/CDPOS. However, I have a limitation. I can take the values of specific field data of VBAK / VBAP. But, for KONV, I need to collect set of conditions (unchanged ones) and carry out some calculations for previous versions of SO's for which, I came out with separate tables.

Regarding the version number, I am considering to use one of the field at Header level (free field). Let me know your feedback or any other way I can achieve my requirement.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva and Ravi shankar,

Do any body know which user exit I can use to parallely update the sales order data apart from VBAK and VBAP? I know the userexit_Save_document from MV45AFZZ. But my requirement is not to update these ztables upon saving the document. The condition is when the user submit (z field) the document for approval, then these tables to get updated with the updated information from sales order tables (VBAK / VBAP).

Could you please share your views.

Thanks.