Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rush Order Scenario -GATP

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone ,

Currently we have implemented only GATP which has allocation and availability check and running BOP with delivery priority as the higest sort sequence . Our current batch job for BOP runs everyday midnight . The current scenario is for eg like this

1) current date: 14th feb

request date : 13th feb

MAD date(from APO) : 17th feb

delivery date(calculated on ecc) : 19th feb

Now in this scenario the APO has send the material availability date as 17th feb but the user wants to do a rush order and send this order out today itself . How do we acheieve this functionality . One way we were thinking was to create a delivery doc for this which the problem is The delivery document would not be created immediately.

It would be picked up with the standard mid-day delivery document creation. If the changes were not done prior to the mid-day run, BOP would reschedule it before it has a chance to create Delivery Documents.

I very well understand that the user does this or selective orders hence it should be done on ECC end but is there any one who encountered this scenario and how did you deal with it .

Plz let me know if there is any smooth way of doing this .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will assume that the customer has allocation available for 'now', and that there is adequate product available for 'now',and the only thing holding back the shipment of the order is the fact that BOP had earlier assigned a later date to the order/item/schedule.

The most foolproof way is to manually reorder the confirmations, using Interactive BOP. /SAPAPO/BOPI. Select the Product/Location. Select Business event relevant for the Sales order item (usually 'A'); execute. Select the schedule you wish to pull in. Change the date to 'today' Save.

This action may generate an overconfirmation! (e.g., you may be taking parts from another order). You may want to re-order the remaining orders according to your business requirements, or you may just wait for the BOP to come along at midnight.

If you accomplish this task before your batch delivery run, the delivery should be created automatically. If you miss the deadline, but you still have to get the order out in the late afternoon, you can BOPI the order in APO, and then manually create a delivery in R/3 (VL01N).

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you DB9 for the response , can you please explain me more on how BOPI will run . Say we change the Delivery Priority to highest and then run BOPI for that particular material what will happen ?????

Regards,

Aryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aryan,

You don't need to change the priority. You just change the date(s). The only priority logic that is used is the logic that is in your head. There is no sorting or ranking.

For example, say the order had a confirmed Material Availability Date of 'Two months from today' (e.g., it isn't scheduled to ship for another two months). You just change the Material Availability date of this order to 'Today' & save. Then, you create your delivery (or allow the delivery to be created by the regular job.) Even though you decide to overcommit, the system will allow it.

From the nature of your question, I will assume that you haven't tried this. Log onto a sandbox or test system, and try it. It is very similar in functionality to ERP transaction CO06, but with much greater functionality.

Best Regards,

DB49