cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling of Period in Macro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using fiscal year variant in data view and have set up the macros to trigger from the current period using the user definition of period. I assumed it will roll over automatically to the next period when we enter new period. The rollover works fine for the weekly view, but I am unable to use it in the periodic view.

I tried using work around solution of defining period restriction using Bucket_Bdate and bucket_edate. It works but when I want to capture value of particular key figure for a specific bucket using Layout variable it doesnt work. I dont know how should I select current period and capture the value in to variable.

If you'll can help on either of situations. This will help me closing the requirement.

Thanks and Regards

Jignesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

We also use fiscal year variant, but have not faced any issues with periods. Roll-over is standard behaviour. Either you must be missing something, or there might be some SAP bug.

I would suggest you ignore the workaround option for the moment, and first see if your requirement can be met in standard way or not?

Pls mention the following:

1) At what level is your macro defined - planning book level or planning view level?

2) Please share the syntax of the macro step for periodic planning view, which has the issue. You can copy paste the macro step line by line.

3) When you define the macro step, what all inputs have you given? please share the same. Need to understand how you have defined the time horizon.

3) Also share the definition of your periodic planning view (what time horizons have you maintained)

4) What kind of periods have you maintained in fiscal year variant? We just need the duration (start/end) of the last period and also the current period.

Based on this, it should most likely be possible to give some solution.

Thanks - Pawan