cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS and Primavera Integration using SAP EPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Has anyone worked on EPC integrating SAP PS and Primavera?

Need to know if EPC allows project creation in Primavera and then can it be transfered to SAP.

Similarly WBS and activities.

If anyone has the standard integartion scenarios please let know.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see SAP Help for EPC

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_epc20/helpdata/en/09/a1db4b3e524a62a845509d006374a5/frameset.htm

The standard SAP Enterprise Project Connection release ships with sample integration solutions for Microsoft Project Server and P6 EPPM. The sample integration solutions determine the default behavior for data transfers between these systems and SAP ERP.

You can alter these sample integration solutions to change the default behavior in order to meet your business requirements.

For more information regarding the sample integration solutions, see SAP Note 1842546

For more information regarding managing the different solutions, see SAP Note 1836888

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have worked on PS and Primavera Integration in one of my earlier proejcts. However, this integration was achieved using an ABAP development wherein we had only mapped the date fields in the WBS and activities. Also, the integration was a 2 way thing i.e. Projects were created in SAP PS and then the project structure was transferred to Primavera. If there were any discrepancies in the dates planning the same were rectified in Primavera and then the structure was transferred back to SAP PS.

The main objective of this integration was only for reporting purposes. Though this can be achieved by way of ABAP development i would also suggest you to have a look at 3rd party integration applications viz., Pipeline Software, Maxavera etc.

At the same time i would also suggest you to search the forum and the internet for some leads on this topic.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Just to add to Gokul's post. Among the above options there is Primavera Inspire which is a tool developed and support by Primavera (now, Oracle) themselves. Moreover it is built on SAP technologies like SAP PI, SAP WebDynpro, has its own UI and is probably one of the most comprehensive integration tools in that space. It integrates both SAP PS and PM modules. You can check it out at the following url -

www.oracle.com/us/042525.pdf

Thanks,

Iqbal