cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFCLook up error in PI7.3

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

We upgraded the PI system from 7.0 to 7.3 recently and we are using RFCLookup in the interface mapping.

When I am doing the Message mapping test I am getting the below error .

Runtime exception when processing target-field mapping /ns0:mt_XXXXXXXX_XXXXX/Order/Header/DChl; root message: exception:[Java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.mapping.api.DynamicConfiguration.put(com.sap.aii.mapping.api.DynamicConfigurationKey, java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable '<12>'] in class com.sap.xi.tf._mm_XXXXXX_RFCLookUp_ method RFCLookupHDR[0000000775, BS_ERP_XXX_400, CC_Receiver_RFC_XXXXXXX, com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.rt.Context@4b77308e] See error logs for details

I found 2 RFCLookups used in the interface mapping.

How to use the RFCLookup in PI7.3

Thanks

Naresh N

Edited by: Naresh Nelapatla on Feb 27, 2012 3:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make sure that you configure parameterised mapping in the new configuration. Go to parameter tab and see whether you set value for communication channel and so.

Refer this document which is same for PI 7.1 and 7.3

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40b64ca6-b1e3-2b10-4c9b-c48234cce...

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

I had created two custom RFCLookup

When I try to add these in Parameter tab it's giving me an error message.

We have a ABAP-CLASS for faulty message (Error message )

Edited by: Naresh Nelapatla on Feb 27, 2012 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had created two custom RFCLookup

In case of custom RFCLookups you don't require to put anything on Parameters tab. Why don't you use the standard LOOKUP?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to think about using Standard RFC lookup which is straight forward and pretty easy.

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

No We have created two Function module in ECC system to get some specific data.

I have to use this RFC for mapping.

Edited by: Naresh Nelapatla on Feb 27, 2012 9:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course you can use your RFC while using standard RFCLookup function. To know more go through the link which Bhasker has given.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you have selected the communication channels names in Test Tab under "Parameters" (just above the execute button).