Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Procedure in CHARM

sumi_susan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured CHARM on Solman 7.1, Is there any way we can eliminate the Approval Procedure for the chnage requests[ie certain request can go directly to development without the approval]

Regards,

Cherry

Edited by: Cherry S on Feb 27, 2012 1:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

erasmussen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone that has a guideline how to apply differnet approval procedures in ChaRM 7.1 as Karthik also asks for?

Best Regards

Endre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Endre and Sumi:

Have you guys got a procedure to properly configure the approval process?   This search has been the very challenging and here are the reasons:

1. The sap-press books are more oriented by salesmen.  They tell you what you can do, but do not tell you how with sufficient detail.

2.  I took E2E-200 for 7.1, but that is more oriented on how to use charm once it is configured and you are invited to take SM-200 as that is the real one where configuration is explained, however that training has not been scheduled for almost a year.  

3. The online help is also not descriptive.  They do not go deep into the material.

4. The upgrade guide available for 7.1 SP03 gives you 3 pages with some screeshots on how to create a Z01 approval, but only briefly.

5. Then all points to note 1608118, which asumes many things, e.g. they ask you to customize a new PPF action (well, how do I do that?  Could not they be more descriptive?

Anyway, I am still looking for the gold coin that shows me and probably many other ones that somebody did "jump on the pond" and actually survived and now is willing to share the story.  I wish I were that one, so that I would help other ones to survive, but I am not, so I extend my hand waiting to see if there is someone willing to help.

Thanks,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Please raise the new thread regarding the queries  in approval procedure.

I will help to configure teh same.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Karthik.

Done  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3295022

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cherry,

SMCR having default status as below

SMCRHEAD E0001 E CRTD Created

SMCRHEAD E0003 E REJE Rejected

SMCRHEAD E0004 E APPR Approved

SMCRHEAD E0005 E IMPL Implemented

SMCRHEAD E0006 E CONF Confirmed

SMCRHEAD E0011 E SCEX Extending Scope

SMCRHEAD E0012 E AWAP To be Approved

SMCRHEAD E0014 E VALI Validation

SMCRHEAD E0015 E IMPL Being Implemented

But you required to remove approval procedure, just map the action and condition in SPPFCADM

E0001 -> E0015

SMCRHEAD E0001 E CRTD Created

SMCRHEAD E0015 E IMPL Being Implemented

Rg,

Karthik

sumi_susan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the reply, my requirement is not to have the approval procedure only for certain type of requests, the majority of the remaining requests has to go thru the approval process. Whether your suggestion will enable us to do that?

Regards,

cherry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cherry,

just another idea.

How about creating two different transaction types for change requests:

e.g.

zmcr     change requests which have to be approved

ymcr     'lower' change requests, which can be approved by anyone

Different authorization roles should be created for these two transaction types.

Advantage:

your're able to check whether different requests have been created and approved correctly in the past.

( zmcr vs. ymcr)

Maybe that this idea can help you to find a solution.

regards

Horst