Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Report - Local & Global Currency

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to create a Z-Report for Sales Invoice, basically a Sales Report.

Now, we have defined Local & Global Currency, local currency being KES & Global Currency being USD.

The local sales mostly happen in KES & I have no issues in bringing them in the Report. The problem is in Export Sales which can be in USD, EUR or any other currency. The posting of these Export Invoice will be in KES (Company Code Currency).

The client needs the report in KES & USD (i.e. Local & Global currency) & KES & USD need to be the selection creteria while executing the report.

Now if the report is to be generated in Invoice Currency then it is easy as I need to pass the Document Condition Number from VBRK to KONV & fetch the values against each Condition Type.

But in this case I need to go to BSEG for Global Currency Values for each Condition Type.

My Question is how to I link the Price Objects (Condition Types) in Invoice (say Freight, Insurance, Handling Changes, etc) to vaules in BSEG. Because in BSEG I have only Item Number i.e. 1,2,3,4....

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Feb 27, 2012 4:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you need to go reverse.

As BSEG will be mostly Company code currency.

BSEG-VBELN

Billing Document

VBRK-VBELN

Billing Doc

VBRK-KNUMV

Doc. condition

KONV-KNUMV

Doc. condition

KONV-KSCHL

Doc Condition type

KONV-KBETR

Doc Condition rate

KONV-WAERS

Doc Currency

KONV-KAWRT

Doc Condition base value

KONV-KAWRT_K

Condition record Cond.base value

KONV-KWAEH

Condition record Currency

KONV-KKURS

Cond.exchange rate

Further you can try standard Customer Sales report, for that you can use TCode S_ALR_87012186

There you can use desired currency type.

Regards

JP

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi & JP,

Both of you have pointed to KONV - KKURS for Condition Exchange Rate & I have already explored this option. What I get here is exchange rate between Invoice currency (say EUR) & Company Code Currency - KES. But I want to generate Sales Report in KES & USD.

What we are using is Global currency concept which is defined here:

IMG - Financial Accounting (New) - Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) u2013 Ledgers u2013 Ledger - Define Currencies of Leading Ledger.

Here we have set Local Currency as KES (which is nothing but Company Code currency).

We have also defined the 2nd Local Currency as USD (& set it as Global Currency).

Thus what happens is whenever we post an Invoice, two values are posted in BSEG, one in KES & other in USD for each Price component. So if we create an Invoice in KES, system will post in BSEG in KES & USD (BSEG - DBMTR & BSEG - DMBE2).

Now if the Invoice is created say in EUR or INR, the posting will happen in KES but in BSEG you will find amounts in KES & USD (in DMBTR & DMBE2) feilds. Thus in these cases KONV - KKURS is not useful because it will give me Exchange Rate of EUR - KES. That is why I need to go to BSEG for USD values (for all Invoices).

Now say my Accounting entry for a Invoice in EUR is:

Customer A/c Dr. 1000 EUR

To Sales A/c Cr. 800 EUR

To Port Charges A/c 40 EUR

To Freight A/c 60 Eur

To Crane Hire A/c 30 EUR

To Transfer Fees A/c 70 EUR.

Now the posting of the above figures in BSEG will be in KES & USD & that is what I need to fetch in my Sales Report. That is why I need to go to BSEG for USD figues of Post Charges, Freight, Crane Hire & Transfer Fees.

One link I can find between Invoice & BSEG is GL Account i.e. KONV - SAKN1 & BSEG - HKONT, where I can pass GL A/c number from KONV & pick relevant value for BSEG - HKONT.

Inviting your & others idea on this issue.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Now if the report is to be generated in Invoice Currency then it is easy as I need to pass the Document Condition Number from VBRK to KONV & fetch the values against each Condition Type.

But in this case I need to go to BSEG for Global Currency Values for each Condition Type.

If the values are to be displayed in global currency (USD)....multiply the values obtained from KONV with the KONV - KKURS exchange rate value...instead of checking the BSEG. Please check this process for few records and it may meet your requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva & Ravi,

Thank you for your suggestions, but I have single Material & I already explained why KONV - KKURS is not useful here.

Hello Friends,

Any more suggestions please?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KONV - KKURS is not useful because it will give me Exchange Rate of EUR - KES.

You can check the option of getting the exchange rate value from table TCURR since KONV-KKURS is not helpful in your case.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My Question is how to I link the Price Objects (Condition Types) in Invoice (say Freight, Insurance, Handling Changes, etc) to vaules in BSEG. Because in BSEG I have only Item Number i.e. 1,2,3,4....

Instead of trying to relate item numbers, can you try to relate the material numbers VBRP-MATNR to BSEG-MATNR and try?

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Table KONV itself, you can see a field KKURS and I feel, you can make use of this instead of going for BSEG.

G. Lakshmipathi