cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qm master view and upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I have running plant means SAP went live long back with several module except QM.now we are implementing QM.

so my question is how to active QM view for those material which is having stock.what is correct way to upload all material master data.

Can any one explain steps.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Activation of QM is not the prblm if stock is there in some locations, deactivation is prblm ! for mass activation u may use MM50 and QA08 for all those material in which you want QM inspection with specific Inspection types.

Once u activated the QC, then its deactivation only possible when u remove the stck from QI, and as per your querry, activation with stck is not an issue if stck is there in any location

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In material quality view activated but the momemt goint to activate inspection type with active tick mark giving error-

To activate QM, the inspection stock for the

material must be empty.

Message no. QA142

So please tell me how to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If the some of the stock is under quality inspection then First reverse the GR. Maintain Inspection setups with the consulation of QM consultant in QM view of matl master and try now.

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scneiro is this material in production server,having stock in quality as well as unrestricted stock.But QM module is not there,now we are inplementing.

For that we created LSMW,now with this trying for material which is having stock inspection type 01 and active tick,that time getting above error.

What is the right to activative both for material.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

There is no problem if material is in unrestricted stock. If it is in quality then it has to be moved to unrestricted or block stock. After you activate inspection type it can ba transfered to quality using 08 inspection type.

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i reverse the GRN around 1000 material what will be impact in FI?

now suppose i have 50 QTN in quality and i reversed that GRN and activated inspection type 01. then again i have to do GRN?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. In that case You need to do GRN again.

You can try one more thing. In SPRO go to quality management -> Quality Inspection -> Inspection lot creation -> Inspection for goods movement and deactivate quality for movement type 321. Then you can do 321 for all these materials through transfer posting so that all the qty will come to unrestricted. Now activate quality for 321 movement using the previus path. and activate inspection type for the materials.

Regards,

Smruti

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO NO NO!

You do not need to remove stock from QI to activate QM!!!!!

Several of the posters already alluded to this in earlier postings.

You must first create your QM views in the material master. Do not try to add any inspection types.

In the QM plant config you will find a setting for lots with QM stock, it should be 0800. This is normally delivered standard out o fhte box.

Before running QA08, make sure you have inspection plans assigned to the materials wiht the same plan usage as defined for the 0800 inspection type. I usually go into config and just change the 0800 plan usage to be the same as my 04 or 01 inspection types depending on what I'm activating.

You use QA08 to add your 01 or 04 inspection types to the materials you want to activate. When you run QA08 there is a check box you click on labelled "activate despite insp. stock". Make sure this is on.

When it runs, it will create an 0800 inspection type inspection lot for each item in QI.

No need to reverse any documents!!

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

As far as QM view in material master is concerned, you need to develop any LSMW or BDC. There are std t codes for carrying this out.

1. Execute MM50 for extending QM view.

2. Execute QI05 for procurement related data.

3. *QA08 * for inspection set up activation

4.And * MM17* for specific fields such as documentation tick required

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to activate the "Q" status in MARC table -->means activate QM view using MM17.

Then go to QA08-->for activating Inspection type.

for Materials for which lot already exists go to QA08--->activate Inspecite of stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use LSMW for mass uploading the data.

You can find the procedure steps for the same in the below link:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=468041

Hope the information is useful

Regards,