Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old date Transaction details in Transaction Manager not appearing

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to view the old date Transaction details in Transaction manager of SAP- MII 12.1 version. I tried by filtering with the Previous day Date Range but it was showing only last 12 hours transaction details..

So let me know any setting i have to do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok if saving space is the only motive then you can set it to Error. So all Info and Warnings would not be logged.

Not sure about moving it to other drive because usually it logs in the drive where Netweaver is installed.

Thanks,

Suhas

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks suhas,

Let me know any other idea.Will discuss and do as per the client requirements.

Thanks and Regards

G.Partheeban

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. Setting it to error will reduce the number of logs but there might be certain warnings that might be required for analyzing a problem. So it is basically your decision whether to do away with other kinds of logs.

Thanks,

Suhas

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

hi suhas,

I understand that all logs are important for analysing if problem occurs.But the same time problem created by the logs.

I want to sort the issue related to this.So what you suggest.

Any other way to rectify it.Can we move it to "D" drive?

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For log setting you need to go to Netweaver administration screen -> Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Log configuration.

Find XMII in the applications and set the severity based on your requirement.

Thanks,

Suhas

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi suhas,

It was set as "info" .

I can change it to Error or which one will be storing less logs.Can you suggest me?

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Michael and the database table used to store these is XMII_TRANSACTIONS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Suhas

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michale and suhas,

I was already suffering from the Low Disk Space due to logs. I think its not good to increase the Life Time.

What do you suggest it will make any problem?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Certainly you can reduce the lifetime of the transaction and reduce the consumption of table resources. I usually don't change it from a day, unless I am trying to figure out behavior over a longer period of time.

You may also want to check your database to see how the log files are being handled for all of MII. Check the Trace settings.

Regards,

Mike

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

Iam not much aware of trace setting.Can you explain in detail?

Also the life time is 8hours from the begining.Now also it was 8hrs only.But cant control the log file space.

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parthee,

In the System Properties screen there is setting called Transaction Persistence Lifetime which defines the time upto which the transactions have to be stored.

Thanks,

Suhas

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a doubt that if I am increasing the Hours in the "TransactionPersistenceLifetime" it will be occupying more space in "C" drive?

also can I know which database and table it stores the details?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parthee,

You do consume more resources when you increase the life of the Transaction Manager transactions. It is generally not a production tool so much as a troubleshooting aid.

Regards,

Mike