cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear PF usage and memory cache parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Every week, our PRD server slows down. I've noticed that this always happen when the PF usage and memory allocation is maxed out. Even when there are no users on weekend, SAP does not seem to return the allocated PF usage and memory allocation. I always have to restart SAP and oracle to retrieve back the server resources. I cant find any windows server commands that would reset the PF usage and memory cache. Are there any parameters in SAP that would meet my requirement?

Please suggest.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every week, our PRD server slows down. I've noticed that this always happen when the PF usage and memory allocation is maxed out. Even when there are no users on weekend, SAP does not seem to return the allocated PF usage and memory allocation. I always have to restart SAP and oracle to retrieve back the server resources. I cant find any windows server commands that would reset the PF usage and memory cache. Are there any parameters in SAP that would meet my requirement?
Please suggest.

PF Allocation once maxed out, I don't think it will decrease when the user activity becomes low. Clearing page file will take place only during shutdown.

If are facing performance problems, then you have to look at tuning memory parameters for SAP/Oracle/OS.

Please review the essentials as per the Note 1518419 - Page file and virtual memory required by the SAP system

Analyze ST03N, ST04 and ST06N and observe the bottlenecks and identify the potential culprits causing the slowness.

Also, read the following note.

Note 88416 - Zero administration memory management for the ABAP server

Please revert with OS,SAP, DB versions and exact symptoms for more specific problem solving. Thanks.

Br,

Venky