cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't seem to uninstall...can't log in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, need some help here. I got the system up and running fine last night. Shut it down to do other things and now I want to uninstall it.

The instructions that came with the system say..

1. It is recommended to stop the Application Server before uninstallation.

2. Open sapinst.exe. Choose "Software Life Cycle Options" --> Uninstall --> Uninstall System.

When I open sapinst.exe the SAP - Software Delivery Tools GUI opens and informs me that the connection to the server timed out. I figure this is because the system is still down. I start up the system again using sapmmc, it hangs and doesn't respond 50% of the time. Eventually things look like they start to boot up but the NSP icon and others never go green. They stay in the yellow. my Data Base icon stays blue, not sure what means.

The info to log into the Delivery Tools was default, localhost and port 21212. I'm not even sure what it is trying to log into.

Either way, I can never get to anything that looks like Step 2. All of the uninstall.exe type files basically tell me to go away and do the correct steps, which I guess is good!

Any tips/hints/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very strange. After a reboot the Delivery Tools Server seemed to start working again?

Uninstalling then followed the listed procedures.