Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending multiple request approval at one time

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im working on a senario thats sending multiple request approvel at one time with HWC application. For example , client approves one request and it approves multiple requests at one time as well. Is it possible make this with HWC ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a list key, it'll have child MessageValueCollection keys (specifically, the value of that list key will be an array of MessageValueCollection objects). Each MessageValueCollection has a state, "add", "update", "delete" or empty. By specifying mappings between list key actions and MBO operations, or by doing so manually in the WorkflowClient.xml, you can specify which MBO operation will be invoked for each "add" MessageValueCollection, which MBO operation will be invoked for each "update" MessageValueCollection and each "delete" MessageValueCollection when the message is submitted to the server via an Online Request or Submit Workflow, where it will loop through the MessageValueCollections and execute the appropriate MBO operation for each.

In the tooling, you can do this by having a listview bound to that list key and having subsequent screens that invoke Add/Update/Delete List Key Collection menuitems. In that scenario, when you update the rows in the listview, the effects don't occur immediately, but rather wait until you submit them as a batched operation, which will behave as described above.

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for your help. This is really nice explanation and makes clear everthing.

Regards.

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Im filing MessageValueCollections as you said but the thing is that it seems not possible to send List type with Online Request action. The action takes individual parameters. So is it possible to send as list type or an array or sth?

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Though the documentation tells that multiple records can be passed to the SAP back end from the Hybrid web container, i was unable to do this using the default Sybase given wizards. I also tried tweaking the custom.js file, but was of no use.

As a workaround for this, i had passed multiple values from SAP using a delimiter, and got a wrapper created at SAP back end which would extract the single value from Sybase, separate it depending on the delimiter and there on pass to the other SAP RFC which would expect multiple inputs.

Regards,

Kartik

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks you Kartik,

Your solution is good, but if there is a way that sending from sup makes that more easer. Could you provide me any document or sth ?

Thanks in advance.