cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.1 Bloomberg Integration question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I'm working on connecting Bloomberg Data Services to PI 7.1 , Bloomberg has shared there ftp location and http location. I'm confused on making decision weather to use FTP to connect to there location (provided they have a dedicated location) against the option of using SOAP adapter and use web url and collect the file, as expected target would be ECC table, not sure as of now if we would place formatted file for ECC program to convert and process or a BAPI to update table directly from PI

Please help me with :

1. If anyone has worked on Bloomberg Exchange Prices Interface via PI how did you implement ?

2. is it better to connect to Bloomberg/JP Morgan/.CITI bank via FTP or soap ?

3. If there is encryption involved can we decrypt the file on PI Interface ?

Awaiting your response and comments.

Kind Regards

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

SS15
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone share their experience using SAP CPI for integration with Bloomberg Exchange rates.

1. Pre-requisites

2.Setup required

3 Implementation steps followed

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

>>If anyone has worked on Bloomberg Exchange Prices Interface via PI how did you implement ?

Yes, i recently worked with integrating Bloomberg with PI 7.11 system. The messages they send are Encrypted with Bloomberg custom code (not PGP), they will provide you with the decryption utility.

We wrote a Script which calls this utility to decrypt the files, this script was called by a Sender File Adapter of PI.

Once the files are decrypted, they can be picked by another PI channel.

I am not sure how Bloomberg works with SOAP, since its a financial institution, i believe they would at least do HTTPS.

>>2. is it better to connect to Bloomberg/JP Morgan/.CITI bank via FTP or soap ?

We integrated all the above 3 banks . Bloomberg was done via FTP (with custom decryption), Citi was AS2 and JPMC was SFTP (with PGP).

You can talk to them and see if they will let you do plain FTP. Since most of these are financial institutions, they usually want some form of message/data level security.

Thanks

Aamir

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>is it better to connect to Bloomberg/JP Morgan/.CITI bank via FTP or soap ?

If your scenario is sync based then go for SOAP with https communication. This is safe and secured. If your scenario is async and the target client expects only file based then go for FTP communication. But you can use FTPS secured cert authentication too.

>If there is encryption involved can we decrypt the file on PI Interface ?

Yes you can do.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have implemented Bloomberg recently.

We are following the below process.

IDOC----->PI--

>(SOAP Bloomberg)

BloombergResult----->PI--

>(ECC RFC)

2. is it better to connect to Bloomberg/JP Morgan/.CITI bank via FTP or soap ?

You can use SOAP via HTTPS then your connection will be secure. In case of FTP you may need to use additinal Encryption and decryption.