Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict SQ01 queries to client specific

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a business request to restrict creation of queries in SQ01. They need to be restricted to only be created "client-specific". Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict this via an authorizations object in a role, or do we just have to mandate that the users only choose "client specific" via the environment menu?

Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I am aware there is no way to force this via auths. You can use Parameter AQW to default to a particular query area but if I remember correctly users can still change this if they want to.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I am aware there is no way to force this via auths. You can use Parameter AQW to default to a particular query area but if I remember correctly users can still change this if they want to.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Alex,

I was researching further and haven't found a way via authorizations either. I think this is more of a "business process" fix.

0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I agree, training is the key here.

I don't like SAP Query for lots of reasons (lack of auth checks as standard, many different versions of the truth) but there are some controls you can put in place

- Queries developed in Dev and transported to Prod. No access to change queries in Prod

- Auth checks included in the infoset for the query to align with sap standard checks over that data

- Train users in how to find their queries

Good luck

Cheers