cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Token Use in Query Filter Prompt

BuckeyeScott
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have an RFx query that includes the 'Document Owner' as one of the filter prompt parameters. I would to set the default value for this parameter to the individual's name that is executing the query.

I have tried using %CURRENT_USER_NAME% as the default value. However, that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Note: The parameter is flagged as optional.

I'm trying this in a 7.0 SP01 Patch 8 system.

Thanks, Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had achieved such a requirement via Scripting. This was done on a collection such that whoever was adding a value in a particular collection, we were fetching the name of that user and displaying it on the UI upon Save context.

Though am not sure how this can work in a Query itself. Though there is a way to default a filter field to None. You can refer that in the link below:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2134839&messageID=11071704#11071704

Thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to set the "current user" as the default value in the query parameter. The CURRENT_USER_NAME token is not supported in this context.

Regards,

Vikram

BuckeyeScott
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram. I think it would be very helpful to be able to default either the current user ID or current user name in a query parameter. Hopefully this is an enhancement that SAP will consider for a future version of the software.

Best Regards, Scott