cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freely programming Search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am on developing a Web dynpro component and I need to create a freely programmed search help for one of the field.

So the scenario is :

ZH_WD_MAIN u2013 Main web dynpro component including the field 'INFO' for which I need to create the search help.

ZH_WD_SEARCH_HELP: I created this component and created a view that will exactly the same that I want for the F4 help for the field 'INFO'. Also in the initialization method of the component I will need to write the logic to get the values of the search help (search help value will be retrieved based on the pernr value entered by the user in ZHWD_MAIN)

The issue that I am having here is :

The user is passing the pernr value in ZH_WD_MAIN and I have got the logic to get the search help values in ZH_WD_SEARCH_HELP component. So I am not sure how can I access the PERNR in search help component that user enters in ZH_WD_MAIN.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming that u have implemented IWD_VALUE_HELP interface. And that you set the value help listener. This value help listener has an attribute f4_context_element which always has the reference to the element which called the value help. U can use the method get_attribute of f4_context_element to get the value of PERNR.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

you can use component WDR_OVS to implement a searchhelp for a field. Within the eventhandler you have to implement for interface event of WDR_OVS you can easily populate your search help table using value of field INFO.

Please look for documentation for WDR_OVS.

Regards,

ismail