cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Monitoring Objects in BPMon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As we know that there are some modules/submodules for which there are no SAP Std Monitoring Objects available in BPMon like FSCM, Asset Mgmt, Dispute Mgmt, HCM, PS, etc. so we need to go for custom monitoring objects. Would like to request you all to share your experiences in same subject.

Let me take one simple example, may not be very relevant but just to understand the concept for e.g. whenever Cost Center gets changed in Asset Master, an alert is required to be triggered. Is it possible to cater this requirement through creating custom monitoring object?

Please advice.

Thanks.

SM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malia

To fulfill customer's requirement, sometime I created custom monitors.

The monitors are sometime for checking transaction document and sometime for master data like your case.

Basically if you are able to identify the required data with some logic, you can enable the requirement by

using one of the following way.

1) Table Entry Counter :

Positive points. No coding required. Very easy to use.

By using this, you can access single table (standard/custom) or 1 data base view.

Negative point. Only simple query is possible. If you need to access several tables or need some logic,

you need to go to custom development.

Please also check this blog.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20140

2a) Customer exit : Not using OO framework.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17437

2b) Customer exit : Using OO framework.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/28289

Positive point. If the requirement is technically possible, you can fulfill the requirement.

Negative point. Need some coding, And 1st you need to understand some steps to use customer exit.

But for both case, BPMon provides framework. So actually what you need is small coding.

(Setup guide provides sample).

If you use OO framework, you can also use BP Analytics based on custom monitor.

I have not analyze in detail, but seems you have some possibility to fulfill the requirement.

Idea)

Search the table ANLA(Asset Master Record Segment) where AEDAT = Today.

*Result of this, you can identify Asset master that have update today.

Then to check whether the change is for cost center or not, access to the change document tables (CDHDR/CDPOS).

CDHDR : OBJECTCLAS = ANLA, and TCODE = AS02, OBJECTID = Object ID

CDPOS : CHANGENR, FNAME = KOSTL

By the way, what kinf of things, do you want to enable for FSCM, Asset Mgmt, Dispute Mgmt, HCM, PS ?

Hope above information helps you.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thanks for your quick response. I can see that through table entry counter it looks possible req.

Is it possible to do same kind of thing based on transaction?

Also, as asked, Let me give few simple examples which we are trying to monitor & not present in std:

1) From Asset Mgmt/AC: - No. of Assets captilaised w/o IR.

2) From Master Data - Identify fields in Vendor Master in which max changes happen in period of 1 month, etc

3) From PEC (Settlement of Internal Orders to Fixed Assets) - No of Internal Orders having Negative Balance.

Let me know your thoughts about the above req.

Thanks.

SM

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suchit Malia

In my last answer, I tried to mentioned your requirement might be possible with customer exit (not table monitor).

It is because you have to access several tables.

On your addtional quesstion, since my account knowlege is bit limited, without analyzing in more detail with others,

I cannot answer. So I just write some possible comment.

Following are my first impression on 3 metrics.

Metric # 3: you might need to access COSP/COSS and made some calculation. So you have to use customer exit

there are SAP standard transaction S_ALR_87012995. And it display actual cost situation.

This means, it is posislble to extract data.

Metric #1: I could not understand exact meaning... But from the description, seems to have high possibility.

Metric #2: This sound like detailed analysis.So I feel this is not suitable for BPMon. And could not find out change document

for vendor master. So not sure whether this technically possible.

Basically if you can identify target data by using some ABAP coding, then you can bring it in BPMon exit.

I recommend you to discuss with some application consultant who has deep functinal knowlege.

( I also do same thing to evalaute the possibility).

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member1109645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Can we modify a standard monitor object, for example in porject ID EKP,

can i add some additional parameters in key figure and modify the code for our needs?

If so where can i find the code for standard monitors for ECC.

I have created cunstom monitors but not modified a standard monitor.

Thanks,

Kannan N

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan.

No you cannot.

Sadrd code and its repository is updated by ST-A/PI often(extended).

So never try it.

If you have similar requirement please create under the custom object area (ECU).

In /SSA/EKP, you may see standard code. You can see the standard code.

So maybe you get some hint for you logic. But agin, please do not modify the code.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Answers (0)