cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.3 some infrastructure servers cannot be contacted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I am trying to Import the track in NWDS 7.3 I am getting the following error.

"some infrastructure servers cannot be contacted"

I am trying to Import from System Landscape Directory

and in Windows --> Preferences --> Development Infrastructure --> System Landscape Directory

When I place the URL and click on Ping

The Ping is successful

When I am trying to import a New Development Configuration by doing Import from System Landscape Directory and I can see all my tracks and everything

I can see Remote Development Configuration

But when I try to logon to Development Infrastructure it gives me the following error

"some infrastructure servers cannot be contacted"

Can some one let me know what I need to do to resolve this error.

Regards

JM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I just wanted to let you know that I had the same problem again and could solve it by deleting the file .keyring2 in

C:\Users\<myusername>\.sapnetweaver

Hope this helps!

Tobias

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

you have my problem resolved.

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

marco_perez
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Alex! Solved my "Infrastructure servers cannot be contacted" problem too! Well done!

bhalchandraswcg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Similar issue is solved here: http://scn.sap.com/message/13765946#13765946

Kind regards,

Bala

sumeetsj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced the same situation earlier.

Solution :

1. Go to NWDS -> Windows -> preference -> search Network Connections in search textfield.

2. Select the drop down to have Network Connection value as 'Manual'.

If your are using proxy then also check the proxy settings in internet explorer along with the Host file entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i had the same issue for almost a week.

Finally all i did was updating the host file entries.

Delete all the entries and enter them all new.

That  worked as a permanent solution!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when i am trying to download the nwds ide it is ask user name and password is required for the http://nwds.sap.com the sap service log on is required.

what to provide as the username and password.pls help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please provide OSS ID and password here.

Thanks,

Richa

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Richa and Sudheer,

that site requires customer user (S-User).

Best Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

I was able to resolve the issue when receiving the "some infrastructure servers cannot be contacted" error by loading the certificate from SAP Service Marketplace.  These are the steps:

1.  Go to http://service.sap.com using Internet Explorer

2.  Click on View --> Security using the IE menu

3.  Click on View Certificates

4.  Go to the Details tab

5.  Click Copy to File ...

6.  Save the file using DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER) format

7.  Open up NWDS 7.3

8.  Click on Window --> Preferences

9.  Go to Development Infrastructure --> System Landscape Directory

10.  Load the certificate file

Alex Zelinski

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue when connecting to NWDI over a VPN connection (wired office network works fine). Specifically the DTR url was reported as 'not working'. The URL worked just fine in Internet Explorer and I've tried a load of different proxy settings to no avail.

Then finally I tried Alex' step of importing the SAP service market place certificate and that works!

Can someone explain to me how this works? I'm completely at a loss and my best guess now would be that this is actually a way of working around a bug in NWDS somehow...

Cheers,

Thijs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently getting the 'some infrastructure servers cannot be contacted' message again... The certificate 'hack' only works onder certain circumstances I guess..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alex,

importing that certificate solved my "Infrastructure servers cannot be contacted" problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This worked for me. Nice find, well done!

Thanks. Emil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm having the same problem. I'm using NW7.3 SP07.

When I try to logon to the track in NWDS (7.3 SP07 Patch 0)

The main error message is: "Some infrastructure servers cannot be contacted"

But I can see on the infrastructure console the following: "Build server is not available".

I have restarted the java stack, nwds and I'm sure the password is right.

I'm using Windows XP. Are you able to inform where the file that contains the password is saved?

I will try to delete the file. I'm also downloading a different version of NWDS (the update didn't work either).

Thanks,
Marco

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you reach the CBS webui via browser? http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc.CBS.WebUI/WebUI

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've resolved the issue. It was a missing role (Everyone) to NWDI user. It was hard to figure because this user had all sort of admin roles except this basic one.

Best Regards,
Marco

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I can explain this. Please correct me if my understanding on the problem is wrong.

1. If you save a track, then it creates the server side devconfig xml in CMS. (this includes SC dependencies, and information on Nameserver, cbs, dtr and cms urls, nothing more really)
2.In the same time it also registers in SLD, but only the name of the devconfig, and the server where CMS is located. Again, in SLD we find only the info "where is the CMS that holds the details of the devconfig".

Why is this important? Let's say you have 5 CMS servers and all of them are bound to the same SLD.

Now if you created 1 track in each of the 5 CMS servers, then in SLD you'll have 10 entries registered.

devconf1_dev -- holds data about CMS1 URL
devconf1_cons -- holds data about  CMS1 URL

devconf2_dev -- holds data about CMS2 URL
devconf2_cons -- holds data about  CMS2 URL
devconf5_dev  -- holds data about  CMS5 URL
devconf5_cons  -- holds data about  CMS5 URL

this is only one possible scenario, many other can be imagined, needless to say. Just imagine that from the above example some of the CMS servers are bound to other SLD servers.

Now what happens in NWDS?

You enter into the preferences only 1 URL that is the SLD. NWDS goes to SLD, and retrieves the LIST of development configurations, so NWDS doesn't have to know about all those 5 CMS servers, only about 1 SLD server that takes care about the rest. NWDS talks only to SLD when importing development configurations.

The thing is that the devconfig is retrieved only once (unless you explicitly import dev config again)and will be stored on the client side in a .confdef file, and as of that point no more communication takes place between NWDS and SLD, but NWDS uses the locally stored .confdef and contacts the corresponding CMS directly according to that.

If you see the error about "some infrastructure servers cannot be contacted" then I can think of 2 issues.

1-
When you import, NWDS has to list all the development configs according to the SLD devconfig list it retrieved from SLD. If CMS1-4 is up and running, but say CMS5 is down (or has any other accessing issues, e.g. its user store includes outdated nwdi communication user, etc), you receive this error.

2-
The .confdef that is used holds old data, and the server name or port has been changed in the meantime on the server side development config. This case the resolution is to reimport the development configuration after ensuring SLD holds correct data, and the servers maintained there are reachable. If the server side devconf is wrong as well, then ensure that the data on the domain data tab, track data tab are correct, and resave the track. This will recreate the server side devconf, and creates the entry in that SLD that is added on the domain data tab. After this you can go for reimporting the devconfig in NWDS, since that has to be updated too, to avoid that the outdated local .confdef is used.

Check the SLD development configuration list here:
/sld --> CIM Instances (on lower releases it is under Adminstration -- Content Maintenance) -- Design Time Configuration.(as of 730 you can refer to the tab "Associations" to see which CMS is assigned to the given devconfig).

The pinging of SLD is positive, because the SLD is reachable, but the associated CMS servers are not. This is why ping works, but still errors about non-reachable servers are reported.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Thank you for your detailed explanation, but the possible issues you mentioned don't apply to my case. There is only one CMS and the development configuration has been newly imported from the SLD, so it cannot be out of date.

The same development configurations works flawlessly in NWDS 7.11. That's why I suspect a bug in NWDS 7.3.

Best Regards

Tobias

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

please doublecheck this settings:

/sld --> CIM Instances (on lower releases it is under Adminstration -- Content Maintenance) -- Design Time Configuration.(as of 730 you can refer to the tab "Associations" to see which CMS is assigned to the given devconfig).

and let me know if you can see there any entry (focus on "Associations" tab) that somehow doesn't fit into the picture, i.e. let me know if you see there any association (check also its details regarding server/port) that is incorrect.

Thanks and Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

I checked all entries of the CIM class SAP_DesignTimeConfiguration. They all have exactly one association, to a CMS server. Three of them use a different CMS server than the rest, but I have never had those in my workspace.

Regards

Tobias

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

then it seems that in the past these tracks were saved on a different cms domain pointing to the same SLD (this is why they were registered there).

Can you please make an attempt removing these development configs from SLD (if noone uses them anyway).

If you would still face the same issue after this correction, then please search on your computer for files called .confdef under the .dtc folder (on 730 it should be under the <workspace>.jdi folder) and check if in any of these files you can see these unwanted cms servers. Please also check the files under the .dtr folder to see if any of them is including server names not required.

Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Somebody might still use the development configuration with the different CMS. Thus I can't delete it. But shouldn't it be possible to have different CMS in different development configurations?

Additionally to the one for the LocalConfiguration there is only one .confdef file in my workspace and that contains only the correct CMS server.

Best Regards

Tobias

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, if someone else can still use it, then leave it on the SLD, do not delete it from there.
Still you can check if that system is really reachable, because this is what the error is about.
Still, you may ask how come that on your client it is not available in the confdef files, but still the error is reported about that. What about the .dtr folder ? Can you please search for incorrect entries in the files available in that folder?

Thanks and Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Both CMS systems are reachable and I can even log in to both of them with the same username and password. The second CMS system is not used anywhere in my workspace, which is brand new and contains only one development configuration. I did a full text search for the wrong hostname over all files in the workspace directory and found nothing.

But as I said before, it works since I have checked all "Save password" checkboxes, including the one for the SLD. So I can live with the situation.

Best Regards

Tobias

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see, this means the communication error only origined from outdated/false passwords. As far as I know as of 730 the logon credentials to these servers are requested and once they have been entered, they are persisted locally (similar idea like "remember my password") so the end user don't have to enter it all the time. Perhaps those passwords were changed in the meantime on the server and it was out of sync with your local user store. That is what I can think of only.

If the problem is solved and you are fine with it, please mark this thread as answered.

Thank you and Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

The password has definitely not been changed. I can reproduce the problem any time by creating a new workspace and trying to import the same development configuration.

As it turns out, checking "Save password" is not a necessary part of the workaround. Just restarting NWDS after the first try works, too. It seems that, after switching to a new workspace and configuring the SLD URL in the preferences, NWDS has to be restarted at least once to make importing development configurations work.

I cannot mark this thread as answered by the way, as I did not create it.

Best Regards

Tobias

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

ah, alright, thank you for the information.

Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

I had the same problem. In my case I had to restart NWDS and check "Save password" in every logon popup to make it work.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Saving Password did the trick for me. Along with network Connection to Manual.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Please try to update the SLD server which you have updated under (Windows --> Preferences --> Development Infrastructure --> System Landscape Directory

) and update the SLD server IP and host anme in the host file and try again.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Hope you are doing good.

Please note that the Developer Studio can only create local development configurations. Make sure that the there are no proxy issues on the NWDS.

Also open xml file <your-workspace>.jdi/.dtr/server.xml in text editor and increase readTimeout and connectTimeout values, for servers that can not be connected.

Restart studio and try now to connect to NWDI.

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS