Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synch and populate the roles from backend system in AM in AC 10

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

May I know how can I synchronize and bring all the roles available in backend system so that I can select them while creating a request in Access Management?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

You should be aware that there's a known error regarding this:

[Note 1661323 - Sync Generated Roles not displayed in search result in ARQ|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1661323]

Cheers,

Diego.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I think this note is helpful when the synchronized roles are not displayed. However, I want to bring the roles from the backend system to ARQ first of all as we do in CUP 5.3 using Role Synch option.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

I thought you had already imported the roles. If you want to import roles from back-end, please check "role import" starting from page 102 here: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80063a8e-1da6-2e10-aaa5-fda1f0936...

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Once you got your master data set up like business units, func areas and role owners etc etc, just use the "Mass Role Import" functinaliity available to pull in the roles from the back end and assign the required attributes, to allow you to use them with ARQ.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Thanks for your reply.

I went to Role Import option in AM. While in the first stage Define Criteria, I am able to get the connector group under Landscape field which is mandatory. Howerver, the backend system in not displayed under Source System field.

Any where else I have to update some configuration so that I get the list of all backend systems here?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

You need to select Application Type as SAP, then select Landscape, then select System.

If you dont get Landscape fter selecting App Type as SAP, then you might have missed to create connector Group (Maintain connectors and connector groups) with the system assigned to it or not assigned ROLMG Scenario to the System (Maintain Connector Settings).

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

May you please guide me in reaching to the correct configuration node?

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC>Common Component Settings>Integration Framework--> Maintain Connectors & Connection Types

GRC>Common Component Settings>Integration Framework-->Maintain Connection Settings.

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajesh,

I could see the Connectrou group from the drop down list. Howver, the system is not there. What am I missing here?

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you assigned ROLMG Scenario to the System (Maintain Connector Settings)?

Have you assigned System to Connector Group (Maintain connectors and connector groups)?

If both are done. It should show up there.

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

It really helped me a lot.

Now I could see the connector group/connector name.

However, when I submit for role import, it says:

Error: Scenario Link is not defined in grfnconnscnlk table for <connector name> 

I must be missing something. Can you please help me?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

Please re-check the configuration as per the guide http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80063a8e-1da6-2e10-aaa5-fda1f0936...

(page 17)

"For Role Management it is required to have the ROLMG, AUTH and PROV scenarios linked to the connector, this is done via IMG...."

Cheers,

Diego.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Now I have successfully configured the integration scenario for ROLM and AUTH (PROV was already completed). Having done this, when now I try to import the roles, I get this error in the last step:

Correctly define the scenario handler class in CCITS

I did some search on this and found one note#1575072.

I am unable to understand the it how I can use in my situation. Does it have to do with user data source

Can you please help me?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could solve this problem by using the CL_GRAC_AD_ROLE_GENERATION_RFC class against my connector type in Maintain Connection Settings in SPRO.

Now when I imports, it says the status as Success. I presume that the roles are imported successfully.

Further, I tried to create a new request, However, while adding the roles, I could not find even a single role while searching.

Later I tried to update the roles. This time I could find my sample role which I had created in the back end system and I suppose that it is now brought here.

May I know why I am unable to see the roles while creating a request?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to maintain attributes and set Role to Productive in ROLE UPDATE Option next to Role Import.

If you dont fine any roles there, then you might not have imported all the roles you are looking for.

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did execute this option and below are the activities I did:

1. Selected Role Update option

2. Selected all the roles in option *Select Roles

3. In Select Criteria options, I select All Attributes as the attribute and update as the action

4. In Select Values stage, I selected multiple values like business process etc. Here, I have selected Role Status as the Production one.

Still of no help.

Regards,

Faial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

Which SP are you on ?

On SP 06 there is a know issues that until role status is set to PRD ,you cannot select then in request .

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply.

It is @ SP07.

Faisal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the value assigned to the "Role Status"? If it is not "Production/PRD", then Access request doesn't allow it to be displayed as a selectable option for assignment. Prior to SP06, this was not checked, but SP06 got updated to ensure roles that are not in Productive use status can not be assigned for usage.

Once you change this status over in the roles you wish to make available for assignment via Access Request, you should be able to search and select them

The change is within the role properties itself, but what you can do from the SPRO config is set the default value of the Role Status to "Prod"/"PRD" (can't remember the param ID off the top of my head), so when you add a new role into GRC, you will not have to worry about checking this everytime per role you bring in.

Thanks & regards

Asheesh

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Thanks for your reply.

I made some changes in the configuration as follows:

1. Under SPRO->GRC->Access Control->Maintain Configuration settings, I changed Parameter value to PRD against PARAM ID 3004 (Role Management being the Parm Group).

2. Under SPRO->GRC->Access Control->Role Management->Maintain Role Status, I selected the PRD Check box.

However, still I am unable to see the roles from the back end system while creating the request.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to test ,Can you import few roles from backend (not all ) and see if you getting roles now in request .

Best Regards

Asheesh

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

I also checked by importing the single role from the backend system. The role is successfully imported, however, it is not being shown while creating the access request.

Regards.

faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal ,One more quick check .

While serching for role in access request dont select "SYSTEM" as criteria .just role name with ** see if you get any role .

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AShish,

I appreciate your help. Still no success.

FAisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I followed note#1602339. This solved my problem.

Thanks all

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fisal,

Have you added "approvers" when you made the role import for those roles?

Regards

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

Have you added approvers to these roles when you made the mass the role import ?

Regards

Swarna

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Yes, I did add my name as the approver.

Regards,

Faisla