cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SCM 7.0 EhP1 without Livecache client not possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm currently installing my first SCM ever and apparently already run into something nobody around me ever experienced before.

My current customer wants me to install SNC based on the SCM 7.0 EhP1 dvd's (51041254)

So I start installing, ... first the ASCS, ... no problem

Second in line is my database instance (Oracle)

I go through the different sapinst-screens, ... JRE, general parameters, master password, Media browser for kernel, installation export and oracle dvd's, then a lot of screens for Advanced DB configuration, some choices to makes for the oracle client, and then ... Software package request for Livecache 7.7 ?!?! But I don't want to install an APO, I want to install an SNC so no Livecache server required.

My colleagues told me that it is for the LC-client and not the server, but then I get another problem. for another project/department, there is a Content Server running, containing a Livecache-server 7.6.

Sapint comes back and tells me that he has detected an LC-client 7.6 which he will upgrade to 7.7. So I stopped the installation because this is not really possible.

Anyone knows how to bypass/workaround this problem. I was thinking about adapting the control.xml to get rid of the LC-client install, but I have no option on failure. If it starts installing the 7.7 client while the Content Server is running, the other project will not be very happy.

All help is welcome.

Thank you all in advance!

Kind regards,

Mark Goovaerts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shekhar_gupta3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Before installation, did you try making your client independent of Live Cache?

We can make a client independent of Live Cache by running report /SAPAPO/OM_NON_LC_RELEVANT_CLT.

Regards

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

We could not run anything. We had no system yet. Actually, we didn't need Livecache and we also selected this in the sapinst, but we coulnd't install the SCM without upgrading the sapdb-software which was used for a Content Server (other project, same server)

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any luck?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

No luck at all. I finally had to stop the Content-servers, tar the LC-client software, let the sapinst upgrade the software and then put back the old software from the tar and restart the contenct servers.

Kind regards,

Mark