cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart of java Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I restart the java instance of sap PI (stopsap && startsap) I see that a lot of applications don't start.

In order to sse that I go to NetWeaver Administrator > Operations > Start & Stop

in the first tab (Java Instance) I don't see any instance

In the tab "Java Services" all the services are started

In the tab "Java Applications" a lot of applications are not started.

Could you please tell me how to automate the start of these applications when I restart the server.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello accsap

If you system has instances ABAP+JAVA

There a transaction for restart the services of JAVA

The transactions is SMICM and enter in the option "Administration, J2EE instance (Local), Send Soft Shutdown, With Restart"

I understand that you problem in this moment is that you system is not start.

I have a problem same with my system and the problem was the system not has Memory for start the J2EE, this problem was because the "J2EE" grows and grows in the consume of memory and was not release, in the moment of restart the server physical, my problem is solved.

atte.

Gerardo Ceballos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gerardo,

Could you please be more precise on what I have to do after accessing transaction SMICM.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the logs in the directory, /usr/sap/<SID>/<D*>/j2ee/cluster/server0/http/applications/log.

Also, check in Visual Administrator >Deploy<, where you can start the application manually.

Thanks!!

Rajesh

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

We will forward this thread to the Netweaver Administrator forum, where you should have a better chance of a quality answer to this thread.

Regards