cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting a message into multiple Idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having some trouble setting up a scenario to receive a message with multiple customers in it, split it and send these customers as DEBMAS Idocs to an R/3 system.

So far I have created a multi-mapping that works using the test function of the Integration Builder, but when I try to send a message through XI I get the following in the response:

<SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">
  <SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category> 
  <SAP:Code area="OUTBINDING">CO_TXT_MMF_ENGINETYPE</SAP:Code> 
  <SAP:P1 /> 
  <SAP:P2 /> 
  <SAP:P3 /> 
  <SAP:P4 /> 
  <SAP:AdditionalText /> 
  <SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" /> 
  <SAP:Stack>Messages in multi message format can be sent to one adapter engine only</SAP:Stack> 
  <SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry> 
  </SAP:Error>

I am only using the Idoc adapter here, so I'm not sure what this is getting at. Should I be using an entirely different approach for this particular problem?

Regards,

Nathan Shepperd

Incidentally, I found <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2762] [original link is broken];this</a> by Michal Krawczyk explaining a trick that may work, but I'd like to know how the Integration Process works - I've set up a process that seems to make sense, but I'm a little stuck where it comes to setting up the receiver determination or testing the process.

Message was edited by: Nathan Shepperd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDOC adapter does not support MULTIMAPPING.

You cannot use MultiMapping with the IDOC adapter.

Instead , use IDOC packaging. Refer to note : 814393.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for the reply, but that's the same trick I already found in Michal's blog, so it isn't really an answer to the question!

I was hoping that someone could direct me to some useful documentation of Integration Processes, as the SAP help is a bit limited in explaining how things actually fit together.

Message was edited by: Nathan Shepperd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

as i dont have marketplace userid..

is it possible to send that <b>note 814393.</b> to my mail id .

my mail id is <b>raghavesh.sanjeevareddy@igate.com</b>

thanks in advance

cheers,

raghavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use IDOC packaging you do need BPM at all.

Are you looking for a solution with a BPM or without BPM?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh..

here again i got confused with idoc packaging...what does this mean..

and i want to go with bpm

Thank u

raghavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use IDOC packaging you do not need a BPM and can send multiple IDOCs using the IDOC adapter itself.

Regards,

Bhavesh