0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are doing BI 7.0 EHP2 upgrade from BW 3.5

SAP_ABA u2013 6.40 - 24

SAP_BASIS u2013 6.40 - 24

PI_BASIS - 2006-1-640 - 8

SAP_BW u2013 3.50 - 24

To Target version of NW BI 7.0 EHP2,

During Upgrade in Preprocessing Phase u2013 MAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG task, SAPup program cancelled due some remote connection issue, Now I need to start Upgrade, could you please someone advise. May be I am ok if re-set upgrade and start from beginning or any other options please.

Thanks and Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do this ,

ps - ef | grep SAPup

Check what all processes are already running from the above relevant to the upgrade.

Then, kill the ones corresponding to same and then restart upgrade.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Nothing is running under (ps u2013ef|grep SAPup )

When I rerun, SAPup program, itu2019s just waiting at port, not starting further..

./SAPup

Enter the path of your root directory [/sapcd/UPGDIR/abap]:

Root directory = /sapcd/UPGDIR/abap

• Reexecuting ./SAPup with adapted environment and restart=0x3.

Waiting for SAP SL-Controller to connect at port number 4240 (CTRL-C to interrupt)...

Thanks and Regards

Raja

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then do this, Just give

ps -ef | grep sap

check the output of above and kill any processes corresponding to previous run of upgrade and restart the Upgrade again.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just start SAPup like how you started when you initiated the Upgrade and it will directly take you to pre-processing roadmap automatically to the point where it got cancelled.

If it is unix, you may have to kill the earlier SAPup processes if it is still reflecting as active before you start SAPup again.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

when you are starting installstion again, are you not getting "Contine" option ?

If not then you need to reset queue again and start freshly.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no requirement to reset the Upgrade.

You can always start the SAPup again and you shall be able to start from the point where it had got cancelled.

There is no issue in the same.

Please start the SAPup again and proceed with the preprocessing roadmap only and there is no requirement to reset the Upgrade.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

After reaching 70% of the upgrade phase why do you want to go-back. You can definitely restart the upgrade phase from the point it failed. You may refer upgrade guide for the relevant steps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

May be advise me, How to start SL Controller and HTTP server because my upgrade URL http://server:4239/ cancelled at this point (Preprocessing Phase).

Thanks and Regards

Raja

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Check thread [http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1363921] for handling failed SL controller issue.

Also provide more logs to dig further.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I rerun SAPup program I am getting issue, so what are the program need to kill in UNIX level and start again?

./SAPup

Enter the path of your root directory [/sapcd/UPGDIR/abap]:

Root directory = /sapcd/UPGDIR/abap

• Reexecuting ./SAPup with adapted environment and restart=0x3.

Waiting for SAP SL-Controller to connect at port number 4240 (CTRL-C to interrupt)...

Thanks and Regards

Raja