cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Check on Profit Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have requirement that Travel advance and expense cost shall be booked by Profit center wise (within one company code)

I know we cannot booked cost directly on profit center, every cost center and WBS or other controlling object is linked with profit center.

I just want to restrict one profit center cost center's/WBS or other controlling object and in alternative cost assignment screen, cost center's/WBS or any other controlling object shall not only be available for particular profit center within one company code. Currently system is showing all (all company code's) cost center and WBS and user can be assigned any profit center's cost center/WBS.

i have not found any profit center attribute in P_TRAVL and F_TRAVL authorization objects..

We are using SAP ECC 6.0 with EH5 (only R/3).

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Edited by: Muhammad Umer on Feb 24, 2012 11:23 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

You are right Mohammed,the only authorization object for this in P_TRAVL/F_TRAVL is for KOSTL -see here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/b6/cda0db49e911d189060000e8322f96/frameset.htm

I know in portal the function module for this is PTRM_WEB_WBS_ELEMENT_PRPMP which could be used to build an enhancment on the search help to restrict the WBS elements returned but for PR05 - not so sure.

Travel management deals only with costs; not with acitvities in the sense of COBL-LSTAR:

COBL-BUKRS Company code

COBL-GSBER Business area

COBL-KOKRS Controlling area

COBL-KOSTL Cost center

COBL-AUFNR Order number

COBL-KSTRG Cost object

COBL-PS_PSP_PNR WBS element

COBL-NPLNR Network number

COBL-VORNR Operation number

COBL-KDAUF Sales order number

COBL-KDPOS Item number in sales order

COBL-FIPOS Commitment item

COBL-FISTL Funds center

COBL-GEBER Fund

There is a short wiki page on CO-PA profit segments in Travel too in case it helps

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/UsingCO-PA%28profitabilitysegments%29inTravelManagement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both,

Have a very good start of week.

Thank you for your prompt response Sally and mysterious one(Learning SAP) :)..

let clarify again, we are only using ECC not portal at this time but both above is suitable for portal.

The thing which was in my mind that add profit centre object manually in my role (i think that is K_CCA ) and user exit check that authorization object in user exits.. but still its needs ABAP work...

What i always preferred to apply standard solution instead of ABAP programs.. i was thinking its very general requirement to restriction to post expenses profit center wise (As it is already available in FICO) but not standard travel management.

Again thanks both for your feedback..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umer,

1 quick thought. Say, you want to restict an employee to certain Profit Centres only and those PCs will have CC linked. Why not put those CCs only to the P_TRAVL in the role that is assigned to the employee. In that way he/she will not be able to book costs in other CCs and in turn to other PCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you again for your quick response...

Authorization object P_TRAVL attribute CCs only restric HR master data not cost charging or posting of data..

For example>

A travel expense A manager is responsible for A profit centre which include CC 1,2,3 and WBS A,B,C.

A travel expense B manager is responsible for B profit centre which include CC 4,5,6 and WBS X,Y,Z.

In this Standard system, System is restricting for persons in different profit center in terms of travel request request creation/modification etc (Authorization object P_TRAVL attribute CCs ) but not in terms of cost charging.. Travel expense manager A should not charge cost to profit center B cost centers.. but in this case system is allowing..

Sally has already told me BAdi TRIP_POST_FI with method FILL_EXT_RAWDATA to derive and pass the field and value but still looking for standard solution.

Can you restrict in PRRW in standard (if possible)..

I hope it would be clear now.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umer,

As a first step what I can suggest you is to create a new Auth Object that will have Profit Centre. But yes this will have a lot of programming to be done.

If you have ESS, in WDA, consider putting this logic in the WDA iVIEW component itself wherein data can be maintained in a Z Table and that logic can be put for that iVIEW program page

Do you have any other thoughts?