SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seal data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in device management we can enter one seal for a meter, now we want to use multiple seal for a meter,

kindly suggest me how can we do this?

Regards.

Ankur Garg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

In standard solution, we can enter one seal for ISU device. However, if you would like to maintain multiple values, then you can choose to maintain them in classification.

However, we would like to know, why you want to store multiple seals? Does your physical meter at service location has multiple seals?

Regards,

Avinash

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

In standard solution, we can enter one seal for ISU device. However, if you would like to maintain multiple values, then you can choose to maintain them in classification.

However, we would like to know, why you want to store multiple seals? Does your physical meter at service location has multiple seals?

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Very thank you avinash for reply.

Meter has MULTIPLE SEALS at plysical location, kindly suggest me the process(T-Code also) as i am new for this?

0 Kudos

Very thank you avinash for reply.

Meter has MULTIPLE SEALS at plysical location, kindly suggest me the process(T-Code also) as i am new for this?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are steps:

1. Go to transaction CT04 and create characteristic "SEAL_DATE" with data type as "Date". Ensure that you choose Multiple Values in value assignment

2. Go to transaction CL01 and create class, lets say "DEVICE" with Class type IS2. In Characteristic tab, maintain SEAL_DATE. (you can maintain your descriptions and short texts as per your requirement).

3. Use IQ01 & IQ02 to update classification value by clicking button "Class Overview" (Shift+F8). You need to enter your class - "DEVICE" and you can maintain multiple seal dates.

4. Use CL30N transaction to search objects with characteristic values.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi avinash,

But i have to maintain multiple SEAL NUMBERS for a device.

can i do to follow this process?

Regards.

Vaibhav

0 Kudos

Yes you can store multiple dates.

0 Kudos

Thank you avinash.

I have a another query, We want to add certification inspection of devices on SAP and we want To scan and upload certificate of inspection of device

, but this information is not available in SAP.

Kindly suggest me how we can do this?

Regards.

Vaibhav

0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

But if you use this method to define multiple seal for a meter, there would be lacks of classes(because we have more than 4-5seal for a meter  ) as a seal number.

Please suggest.

Regards.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,

We can create class and characteric for the device.

and in IQ02, we can select class then we can easily assign seal numbers according to class category.

Regards,

Priya