cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application of Code group and selected set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

What is the difference between code group,codes and selected set.

When can i use code group,codes and when can i use selected sets.

What r the QM settings needed to block vendor payment if stock is still in Quality for inspection or Stock is rejected.

Pls help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

R.D.I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A selected set contains a combination of different codes at plant level, for example, coded descriptions of characteristic attributes (such as color, shape, surface characteristics), defect causes or usage decisions from different code groups.

A selected set enables the user to choose only those code groups and codes of a catalog that are required or allowed for a specific purpose

Code represents the lowest level within the hierarchy of catalog type, code group and code. A code refers to the actual coding for the attribute.

For example, in a code group of colors, the code BL can represent the color blue, GR can represent the color green, and color will be the code group say COL and under selected set " Appearance" say APP you will have all this.

Mainly we use selected set codes for catalog types 1 and 3 (characteristic attributes and Usage decisions)

Please go through the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/61/2db434d6e3681ae10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Vendor Payment block:

It is possible to block the payment until the goods are released from QI.

To do this you have to use quality in procurement.

First you need to define a control key. It is in IMG under:

Quality Management > QM in Logistics > QM in Procurement > Define Control Keys.

eg.: ZQ001 - Block invoice. Flag the block invoice indicator on the detail screen.

Now go into your material master > QM view. Assign your control key and set the QM in procurement active.

Each NEW purchase order will then be created with this QM in procurement control key. If a quality inspection fails (usage decision is negative) it is still possible to post the invoice, but on the payment list the PO is blocked.

Regards

Hari

Edited by: Harikris_83 on Feb 24, 2012 3:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thank you for reply

We can define selected sets using codes and code groups is it?

correct me if i am wrong.

One more query is that,

My client wants to inspect all the GR qty.For this what sampling procedure and lot size i need to define.

I define sampling procedure with 100 % inspection, but how can i select lot size ?

R.D.I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

you can define selected set base on the code groups and codes defined in catalogs. you can select multiple codes from different code groups as per your requirement

One more query is that,

My client wants to inspect all the GR qty.For this what sampling procedure and lot size i need to define.

I define sampling procedure with 100 % inspection, but how can i select lot size ?

with 100% sampling procedure sample size would be 100% means if lot qty is 100 then u will have 100 sample size if u want to control or define sample size as per your requirement then use the sampling scheme in sampling procedure