Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation mandatory for a particular Division

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey SD Gurus,

I have got a business requirement where the client wants to make quotation mandatory only for mobile phones ( basically for a Division). How can i satisfy this requirement. Thanks in advance.

Please search the forums before posting - see [rules of engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement]

Edited by: Ian Kehoe on Mar 2, 2012 2:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

If you are using 'Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types' configuration, then you can define new document type for mobile division and assign to the specific sales area.

If not, you can check with technical team to trigger validation based on the division entered in the VA01 initial screen

Best Regards

Sathees Gopalan

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

the issue is i don't want quotation to be mandatory to all the product lines/divisions. The client wants to make quotation mandatory only for mobile phone.

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

is defining a new order type the only way I can satisfy this requirement ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is not required to create new order type. which order type you want to use for particular division go to that order type details screen & maintain ref. mandatory field for quotation

Regards,

Vikas

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you using a single order type for all the division and you make reference mandatory , I hope then for every order you need a Quotation.

That's why i have give a suggestion to have a new order type for such a scenario.

VIkas, thanks for your input.

Thanks

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can maintain in order document type VOV8 in reference mandatory (ref quotation)for particular document type which you required. Then you can not raise this particular order without ref to quotation.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Probably you can define a new Order type that has to be used for the mobile phones. And in the SPRO Setting T-Code VOV8 for that document type you can make it REFERENCE MANDATORY with reference to Quotation 'B'.

Thanks

RB