cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform-standard text in variable window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement in smartform. In a variable window, there is an include text used to print the long text . The issue is that it is printing only few lines and not all the lines it should have printed as maintained in the database text.

All the text maintained needs to be printed. If the text do not fit in the space allowed ,then the entire text needs to be printed on separate page.

Is it possible? and how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use varibale vindow(secondary) then if the data exceed size of window data will get truncated.

USe main window ,now include text within main window,for main window if data size is more than main window automatic triggering will take place and data will print in next page

Thank and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I cant move that in the main window according to the user. I know that this is the property of variable window but can we put some condition in that include text so that if the text doesn't fit there then it gets printed on the next page??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not getting exactly how you thinking but, if you use * include text * condition like only on first page condition we can assign.

Better use * READ_TEXT * FM and pass the variable corresponding text to smartforms then in * program line * we can check the data ,count the lenght of text ,we can assign condition to print the text.

Thank and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, I was thinking that instead of replacing the include text node with read_text, if we can write any condition in the conditions tab for the node because user has denied to remove that node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monalisa,

Advisable to use include text only.

The fM READ_TEXT may not recognise certain special characters while printing.

If you use the Include text inside the main window(Except under a template), the remaining text will automatically be displayed in the next page.

Please try it and write back.

Regards

Rijuraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rijuraj,

Include text is used under template in the variable window but due to size of the window, the whole text is not displayed.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A better way would be to use read text. But if you cannot remove that node, a workaround would be :

You would have fixed no of lines in your variable window.Say it is 3.

Now use read text to get standard text in your program. Get the no of lines.

If it exceeds the no of lines for the window, write a command to print it to next page.Else print it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot. This has helped me a lot.