cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool for Creating Tracks per command line available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

for my master thesis I need to make up a development concept with the JDI.

What I'm wondering is, is there any ability (maybe hidden option ) to create tracks per command line interface and connect them per command line?

Another question which came to mind, I would like to control the DTR via the DTR command line tool, is there any option to do this, just without installing the Developer Studio IDE, as I only want to remote control the DTR via command line and don't need developer equipment on the server?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

I am not sure if this may help you but here is weblog by David Beisert. He has described how you can use CMS command line tools and automate the Change Mgmt process using ANT tasks.

/people/david.beisert2/blog/2006/04/03/automating-the-java-change-management-workflow

You can use this blog as a starting point and see whether using command line you can create tracks. Also you may want to go further and automate the same.

However these batch files are installaed as part of NWDS installation.

Regards

Sidharth Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sidharth,

thanks for your help. The Weblog sounds very interesting, as I didn't find any command line interface, does anybody of you know something about the java kernel insights, e.g. something if tracks are stored in the Java Database and how?

Thanks

Regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

tracks are stored in the Java database by CMS in its own format and when a buildspace is created on CBS that information is also stored in the Java databse in CBS' own format. Accessing the database directly is not a good idea as you would need additional information that is neither officially published nor supported and that may change.

Regarding DTR client & IDE: Well, DTR doesn't know about tracks at all, it just stores the sources for track content. The "track" knowledge is part of CMS.

The command line tool is only distributed with the IDE, but if you just copy the required libraries to the server (you had to edit the batchfile anyway, didn't you?) you do not need the full IDE installation.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

as I would like to do some remote control from outside, I already adjustet the batch file. The next problem I came to know, was that the dtr command line tool only knows those client configurations which were setup in the Netweaver Developer Studio.

I didn't find any command on the command line tool to manually add a client configuration.

Is there any command?

Thanks and Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

no, I don't think there is such a command.

But as long as you don't have any files synched you just need to copy some XML files from the .dtr folder to the server (server.xml, clients.xml plus the appropriate XXX.system file). They are rather readable, too, so maybe you could also edit them manually.

I have to admit that that's almost as bad as reading the database directly....

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

thanks for your help. As I would like also use the cms command line tool, I was searching it in the /eclipse/tools folder, but there was nothing except a directory named 'dc'. Also in the SAP NW2004s CD for the Developer Workplace I couldn't find the tool. Am I missing something or am I just too stupid to search for?

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

is that 04s SP7? In my 04s SP8 IDE I have a "cmstool" and also "cbstool" in eclipse/tools/ but I'm not sure if it already existed in the original release.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

thanks for your help, I upgraded to SP09 and the folder with the cmstool was there, so it seems to be support package specific.

Regards,

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your question on DTR Command Line Tool run thru the help link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/55af3fda5a3c17e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

thanks for your help. I was aware of this tool but from my point of view it lacks something like getting all available tracks on a NWDI infrastructure or creating a track per command line or did I just overlook a command which would do this?

Moreover I would like to use this command line client without Netweaver Developer Studio installed. Just copying the required plugins into an own directory and invoking them did not work. Are there any hints for such a purpose?

Thanks for your help

Matthias