Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIN - Account determination for CENVAT credit

Former Member
0 Kudos

client owns 6 plants and each is a separate excise plant.

GLs like BED, cess etc. are common across all the plants. What are the consequences.

Is there any need to maintain plant wise GLs (like BED, cess etc.)?

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are having only one business place for all plants then it is not necessary to create different g/l's. But when you are using the different business places then you have to definr them separately.

Jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to maintain plant wise GLs like BED, cess etc.

Regards

Sridhar

0 Kudos

hi

not necessary u can assign the same one's if all the products are same. If the products are different then you have to define new one.

jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If common GLs are used across all the plants, in CENVAT utilization, how the GL (BED, ecess) balances will be reflected plant wise? My understanding is GL balances will reflect the consolidated balance and not balance for specific plant.

0 Kudos

Hi,

G/L balances will always be company code wise and not plant wise.

So there is nothing to be worried about the consequences.

Regards,

Brinda

0 Kudos

iam also facing this problem how to utilize plant wise excise utilization we are already creating the plants but problem is at the time of utilization duties are viewing in company code wise but Plant is different Excise group is different at the time of settlement Excise group wise only balances is utilize but duties is come co code wise but my request is duties is not come plant wise or excise group wise. Please tell anyone.

regards,

NMK

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not maintain Gl for CIN utilisation plantwise. however you can try for seperate GL for each excise grps for each subtransaction in CIN configuration. I have not tried this but the options are there to maintain GL excise grps wise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your early reply,

already done in excise group wise and sub transaction wise but balance showing in company wise we are maintained 3 sub transaction in this case take 1st sub transaction type then utilize the Excise utilization total BED, Cess amounts adjusted whatever taken sub transaction wise. Please tell me the sub transaction wise utilization