cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI sender communication channel not reading files from NFS directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a sender communication channel configured to read file from NFS directory which is on ECC server. A program in ECC generates the file and puts it on the ECC server in the output directory. PI sender communication channel is supposed to pickup this file and process it. If I give the NFS path as the source directory, I am getting error: Configured source directory '//Server/DIR/OUT' does not exist. I tried putting '
Server\DIR\OUT' too but same error. Do I have to add the NFS path of ECC into PI as logical path?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sangita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> I am getting error: Configured source directory '//Server/DIR/OUT' does not exist. I tried putting '
Server\DIR\OUT' too

mount the ECC directory on PI server..ask ur BASIS team they will do the same and once mounted use NFS protocol to pick the files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there any step by step instruction or documentation that Basis can follow on how to mount ECC directory on PI? All SAP systems are within the same network and firewall.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Regards,

Sangita

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangita,

what operating systems PI and ECC are running on? The following works for Linux/Unix OS.

http://how-to.linuxcareer.com/how-to-configure-nfs-on-linux

Please search in respective operating system documentation for NFS sharing.

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All OS are on Windows. How to mount ECC directory on PI? If I go to PI server, I can access the directory of ECC but the communication channel is not able to access.

Thanks,

Sangita

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangita,

Please check the FILE permissions.

I had the same problem long back at that time there was some file permission missing.

Please ask your BASIS or UNIX team to check the permissions.

Thanks

Naresh N

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangita,

Your Basis team should be able to Map ECC directory in PI.

its basic windows OS Question. Ask your basis to use Tools->Map Network Drive option.

http://www.wintuts.com/Map-Network-Drive

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basis confirmed that the folder has full permissions and mapping the drive also did not help, gives same error - source directory does not exist. Is mapping the partition same as mounting the partition in order to use the NFS service in PI?

Thanks,

Sangita

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no question of permission at this moment since the directory in R3 is not shared with PI. Ask BASIS to share the directory so that it can be viewed/accessed from PI and then only NFS will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no question of permission at this moment since the directory in R3 is not shared with PI. Ask BASIS to share the directory so that it can be viewed/accessed from PI and then only NFS will work.

How to share the directory or folder? Basis don't know, if anyone can give steps on how to do that in Windows environment , it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangitha,

It is not even a basis task. Is there a infrastructure team or OS team?

They should be able to answer it.

Else check Microsoft forums:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307889

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just confirmed from Networking team that the folder is shared in ECC system and we can even access the folder from PI server but the communication channel is not recoginizing the folder as source directory. We even tried to add this shared folder in PI AL11 but it did not work.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether you Communication channel is locked or not.

If locked, Try to unlock in NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

as u can access the folder from PI and ECC, to verify try to place the file via ECC and check it from PI

have u configured ur path in AL11

try to use forward slash /usr/sap/.... in the comm channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file is already in ECC and can be accessed on the network but for some reason PI comm. channel cannot see this folder or the file. I have already tried / and \ for the path and it will point to the PI folder not the ECC folder. ECC and PI each have their own AL11 path, tried to add the ECC path to the PI AL11 but did not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in ur earlier messages u mentioned the folder /server/dir/out could eb accessed in PI via AL11. If so why is that u can't configure this path in AL11, may be still the file server is not shared between ECC and PI

do this test - place a file in PI system via AL 11 e.g. /usr/sap/<PISYSID>/DVEBMGS50/work and point ur comm channel to this and c if the comm channel picks the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

/server/dir/out ECC folder can be accessed in PI server using network drives but PI comm channel does not recognize this folder as source directory. We cannot add ECC folder in PI AL11. We can only add PI directories in PI AL11 and ECC directories in ECC AL11. If we place any file in any directory/folder of PI system, there is no problem but if the file is outside PI server, PI comm channel does not recognize the folder.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure but based on your efforts put on testing, it seems the file system is not mounted with PI. Please note that the "file system" which ECC is using should be mounted/shared with PI then you will be able to see it in PI AL11.

Secondly once it is shared the dir path both in ECC and PI will be same for that particular path where you want to put the test file. You mentioned that currently ECC and PI have their own dir path which should not be the case if file system is shared.

Get hold of BASIS team to solve this issue. Also make sure folder has read/write/execute access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

get ur BASIS to mount the content server on to ECC and PI, they wud know to do this

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangita,

Is there any specific reason that you need to use NFS instead of FTP???

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis and Network teams confirmed that the ECC directory is shared, but Basis team is not able to add the shared directory of ECC in to PI AL11. I believe normally, AL11 will only show local directories of the server not external system. There should be some way of adding external system directory path to the AL11, maybe this could solve the issue. We are told to use NFS for PI to pick up ECC files, FTP is another external server which we are told not to use.

Thanks to all for your help.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is a shared directory between ECC and PI,then PI can definitely pick via NFS.

Check in AL11 path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sangita,

Your ECC server is an external system, therefore you need to activate FTP service in that system and use the transport protocol FTP:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

You can use NFS protocol when you have a local directory in XI server.

Best Regards,

.Luis Bernal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NFS Directory should be your local PI server. If you want to use ECC, use it as FTP and provide all the server details.

Regards,

Sreenivas

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangita,

Ask your basis to Configure directory //Server/DIR/ in AL11 in PI and give that path in Communication channel.

Cheers,

Jag