Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Italy-Official Document Number Functionality

former_member269068
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

We have implemented Standard SAP Official Document Number functionality (ODN) for Italy.

Majority of Client sales is made only after collecting advances from the customer(Milestone Billing Process).

Steps in this Milestone Billing process:

a. Down Payment Request Invoice:

For collecting advances, Sales team creates the Billing document for the down payment invoice.

From Legal perspective this is a real invoice as it is sent to the customer. From Accounting perspective this is a down payment request (Statistical accounting document)

This downpayment invoice consumes ODN number. Issue is ODN that is consumed for down payment invoice, is not displayed in Italian VAT Register (as this is a statistical accounting document).

b. Convert Down payment request into accounting document with tax liability:

We have also implemented OSS Note 611040 to create tax liability accounting document for down payment request (legal requirement) i.e It converts downpayment request into accounting document with the tax liability document. This converted accounting document is reported into VAT Register but that would consume different ODN number and donu2019t take ODN number consumed during the billing output.

Question: If you had worked on the similar requirement, we would like to get details on a way to get the Down payment Billing Document ODN into Tax liability document ODN or display billing document ODN as a statistical document in VAT Register?

If anyone wants, i can send you the screen shot file with detailed steps

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are working for an Italian company; we are not implementing Standard SAP Official Document Number functionality (ODN) so I cannot help you abpout it but we are trying to implement OSS Note 611040 to create tax liability accounting document for down payment request.

We are working with Project System and Milestone Billing Process.

We would like to share some issues about down payment invoice and oss note 611040.

1. now we have sales orders with many items (big projects with a lot of materials) so if we create one down payment request for one order, the system, if I run report ZVDWPINV (as indicated in the OSS note) , it creates as many down payment invoices as for each item in the request. I would like to have one down payment invoice for one down payment request.

2. how do you print the down payment invoice for the customer ? Now our printouts are from SD billing documents and the OSS note craete an invoice in finance not in SD.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Martina

0 Kudos

Hi Martydone

Not sure the following information helps. In our business, We only use one Material called "DownPayment". This material is a dummy material created to bill the down payments.

We print Billing document for downpayment and we do not print FI Document.In our case tax liability in Billing document and accounting document generated using OSS Note is same.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod