SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of Payment Lot with status 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a cheque lot which has been posted by mistake . However the status is "5" which states Post Processing is required and it is in clarification .

I know FP08M to reverse the lot for the given Reco Key .

But after I do that how do I delete the lot ?

Regards

Anirban

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank99
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have had to do this before.  You are unable to delete a payment or check lot after posting has started.  All you can do is post it completely until you have status 4 or 5 and then do a mass reversal by using transaction code FP08M with the reconciliation key for the lot.  All payments posted, whether posted to a customer account or into payment clarification, are now cancelled completed.  Any payments posted to customer accounts will show the payment and the corresponding reversal.  It is best to run the mass reversal on the same day as the lot posting otherwise there may be some need to deal with (generally reverse clearing) any account maintenance clearing that took place after the lot posting.

Regards,

Frank

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry the status is in "4" and not "5" in DFKKZK .

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not believe its possible to reverse a Payment or Cheque Lot.

You can work the clarified items by clearing them against a "Mis-applied Payments" G/L Account that you would have to obtain from the business. This clearing would not require any Contract Account, just a G/L Account that would be dedicated to resolve such situations which of course can happen again.

Then you can configure that GL Account in Short Account Assignments as follows:

Business Transactions-> Processing Incoming and Outgoing Payments-> Define Short Account Assignments for Transfer Postings

After you have done the above configuration, the Above Short Account assignment (and hence the GL Account provided by the business) will be accessible when you work the clarified items.

The bottom left section of the Clarification screen has the field called "Transfer Posting to" - this is where you woould access your Transfer Posting (Short Account Assignment code that maps to your G/L Account).

This would enable you to cleanly close your Lot and the business would be aware that a Lot was posted in error, and the monetary value of the erroneous postings.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor M.

Frank99
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have had to do this before.  You are unable to delete a payment or check lot after posting has started.  All you can do is post it completely until you have status 4 or 5 and then do a mass reversal by using transaction code FP08M with the reconciliation key for the lot.  All payments posted, whether posted to a customer account or into payment clarification, are now cancelled completed.  Any payments posted to customer accounts will show the payment and the corresponding reversal.  It is best to run the mass reversal on the same day as the lot posting otherwise there may be some need to deal with (generally reverse clearing) any account maintenance clearing that took place after the lot posting.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Lot cant be reversed only option is first do the post process and find the documents posted thru this lot.

Reverse these documents by using FP08M .

Regards

Srinivas