cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set portal password using IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I'm trying to set SAP portal productive password using IDM. These are the attributes I defined.,

SPMLID SPML.SAPUSER.%MSKEYVALUE%

changetype modify

islocked false

passwordchangerequired false

password $FUNCTION.sap_getPassword(%MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD%)$$

When I first tried the job failed saying ""Could not update user Productive Passwords can only be set via secure transport layers"". Modified the repository constant with HTTP port 50001 and verified its listening.

Now when we try and run the job it fails saying.,

putNextEntry failed storingSPML.SAPUSER.nguyenan

Exception from Modify operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: SPML exception: For input string: "988 "

Any suggestions.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

constant with HTTP

Typing error? Should be httpS.

Also you should think about SSL-certificate exchange in case you use a self-signed one (default). The SPML-client (IdM) refuses to connect to your AS Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kai / Michael,

Thanks for the response.

Checked the used name and password, it works fine. And modified the constant to HTTPS.

I believe the error is because of the self signed certificate (go-daddy) which SPML IDM didnt like.

When I try to access the page manually https://<IP Address>:50001/spml/provisioning the browser throws a certificate error ""press continue (not recommended)"" this screen is unexpected for IDM and dont have a valid input so my task keeps running for a while and finally gives up.

Working with my network team to resolve the certificate issue.

The whole reason I'm doing this is to change the field value of ""Date of last password change"" to current date.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

If your certificate is self-signed (Java Repository), you need to make IDM Identity Center trust this certificate so you can provision Java productive password to the instance.

You need to add the certificate of AS Java into the JDK trusted certificates.

If you are using SAPJVM for the IC, the command would be like below:

“keytool.exe –import –file c:\users\ebratz\desktop\certificate.cer –keystore ..\lib\security\cacerts –storepass changeit –noprompt –trustcacerts –alias certificate_name”

Also, at IDM, you need to modify the ToSPML-USER pass (Java Connector > Processes > Plugin > SetUserPassword > SetPasswordJavaUser) and change the option "passwordchangerequired" to false at the destination tab of the pass.

Do not forget to change the repository constant HTTP_PROTOCOL to "https" and the HTTP_PORT to your ssl endpoint port.

I just did this configuration today and worked fine for me on IDM 8.0 (7.2 or older should also work)

former_member192665
Participant
0 Kudos

This usually happens when your connection to the portal from IDM doesn't work, e.g. because of wrong user/password.

The system sends back the UME logon page which is of course not a correct SPML response, that is the background of the error message.

Logon to the portal with your connection user once, may be the password needs to be changed.