Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing SQL Scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

NW 7.3 SP03

ME 6.0 Base

Oracle 11g

During my installation of ME, I was asked to setup my Oracle Database Connection information.

Username

Password

Hostname

Port

SID

The install guide says to either use an existing database or if one does not exist, it will create the database with the user and SID supplied. I did this and my ME installation was successful. I did the next few steps with success as well. Once I got to the executing the SQL scripts, I am supposed to copy the scripts to the database server. My scripts are already on this server.

P:\SAP\SAPME\AppServer\DatabaseScripts\Oracle\NewInstall is the location of the scripts.

P:\usr\sap\... is where Netweaver is located.

D:\oracle is the location of oracle.

Should I copy the files to D:\ or should it execute fine where it is at? I am guessing the environment variables have to play a part in this. Does anyone have an idea what they should be set to? The install guide does not specify what needs to be done here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

It does not really matter where the scripts are. Usually one would use a DB tool like SQL Plus to connect to WIP or ODS schema and execute a script by entering a command like:

> @D:\path\to\script.sql

Regards,

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I figured. The SAP ME installation guide implies that the schema would be installed during the ME installation wizard. I see that this is not the case. I have advised my DBA that this schema is needed. Do you have any advice on the schema layout? My thoughts are the DBs, SIDs and Users need to be created and then a simple export of the schematics would help for future use. The users need alter / create Synonym privileges so I figured the users need full access to these schemas. Do you have anything to add?