cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reworking Serialized Parts Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

We periodically need to rework serialized parts that are already in inventory that need to keep the same serial number once the rework order has been completed. Example, Part A is in inventory as Batch 1. We create a rework order that's Batch 2, goods issue Part A Batch 1 to the production order and, when we go to goods receipt the production order into stock, we get the message that the batch numbers don't agree. To get around this so far, we have used IQ08 to change the batch number on the serialized parts to the new Batch 2 but this isn't feasible long term.

I did quite a bit of searching trying to find out a better way to handle this issue but haven't found anything encouraging. I did find an SAP Best Practices document ("Rework Processing (Stock-Manufactured Material) (151)") from 2008 but it says: "If you create a new batch number, then a new serial number has to be used as well." We can't do this because our parts are so small and can't be reserialized.

Does anyone have a better process for reworking serialized inventory and can share?

Thank you,

mary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Mary,

Do you use SAP ME application?

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh my. I'm proving to be quite the newbee, aren't I? Looks like I've put my question on the wrong forum. I thought this was for general Mfg questions but, upon further investigation, this is a specialized forum. I will re-enter this question elsewhere.

Thanks for pointing this out Alex. I'm still learning.

-mary

0 Kudos

Np, Mary,

I would try this one [ABAP,General|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/forum.jspa?forumID=50].

Best regards,

Alex.

Answers (0)