SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMMA / BPEM : automatic cases creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a special scenario with EMMA and I would like to know your advices.

I would like that the system create automatic EMMA cases on IS-U when the replication from CRM fails for some reasons. I am already using ECRMREPL to process the failed contracts. But this transaction is not user-friendly and I would be interested on creating automatic cases when special messages are processed. We can see these messages on SLG1, so I assume it is possible to create automatic EMMA cases ? Right ?

I created a new case category as automatic for my message but it is not working. I can see in the cookbook that a business process need to be defined. But it is not a transaction, and I guess there is no standard business process for ECRMREPL. How I can set the EMMA session for my scenario ? Any idea ?

Hope it is clear...

Regards,

Nick

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess nobody can give me some tips, or this is not clear enough ?

Thank you.

Nick

0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

If you want to create emma cases automatically for any message, and you have already created business process and case category for the same. You just need to assign the message class and message number in the message pool of the case category. Once you have done that you can execute transaction EMMA for the business process(you can enter only tcode ECRMREPL). Execute the transaction for preparing jobs for jobs not prepared yet(select both checkboxes) once and then execute again with create clarification case and prepared jobs(both checked) for creating cases. Log will display if the cases are created.

Do revert if you need any clarification.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

0 Kudos

Hello Dhiraj,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I understand well what you say but in transaction ECRMREPL, there is no log process started (for example, this is the case in transaction EA00) by the standard.

Do I need to start the log process by a specific enhancement ?

Nick

PS : when I talk about log process start, i mean FM "EMMA_LOG_PROCESS_START".

0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

In order to activate EMMA for transaction ECRMREPL, you have to maintain entry for this transaction in the IMG path

Financial Accounting -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-> Basic Functions

-> Enhanced Message Management

-> Specifications for Customer Transaction and Messages

-> Define Customer Transactions for Message Management

For this,

First of all you have to create a custom Business area (eg:ZCRM)  and a Custom Business process code (eg: ZCRMCONTR)  for this Bus area  with respective job analysis class (eg:CL_EMMA_ANALYZE_JOB_APPLLOG) and  analysis class ( eg :    CL_EMMA_PROC_APPLLOGMSGS_V2 ) and messages for identification of Execution/Bus Obj).

You have to assign this Business Process Code

(eg: ZCRMCONTR)  for maintaining entry for   Custom Transactions for Message Management.

Then you can create clarification category based on the messages writing to Application log while executing the transaction ECRMREPL., which can be used to  create respective cases using EMMA .

Regards,

Riyas.