cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/sapapo/bop_delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Wondering if anybody have run the above program with back order processing option U, and what does this program really delete in the backgroup, we have noticed that table sapapo/tbparam has over 1 million records in it and need to determine if we need to Run the U option

We have a daily job setup that runs all the other selection options.

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49..

Iam trying to delete the entries with status "U". But the entries are not getting deleted. When i run /sapapo/bop_delete tcode by giving id and status u parameters iam entering in to below screen shot. But these entries not getting deleted. Please help in solving this issue.

Thanks,

MDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDK,

I will assume that you have already established that you have authorization to delete BOP results entries.

If you have followed all the guidelines in the KB article I cited above, and you are still unsuccessful, then I suggest that you open a message with SAP.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

That issue has been resolved.

I am facing one more issue now. /sapapo/bopin is not updating sales order. I have created a sales order, it is being confirmed. But it is not getting reflected to BOPI screen. I need to allocate quanitity any how. Could you please help me to come out from this issue. thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Khaja,

For new topics, it is customary to open a new thread.  Please read all the SCN Rules of Engagement at your earliest convenience.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18590

Sales order inconsistencies between ECC and APO have been covered in depth in SCN multiple times.  Have you tried the search feature, also mentioned in the Rules of Engagement?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

Option 'U' means that update has not yet been completed. In general, /SAPAPO/BOP_DELETE will not touch such records when run in a background job.

Your question can probably be answered with 'Yes' - you do need to delete some 'U' records.. If the BOP results are no longer meaningful, then they should be deleted. In most companies that run BOP regularly, older BOP results, even those with 'U' status, can be deleted. If you are diligent in keeping your queues cleared, and in keeping all your data consistent, and your TQAs at a minimum, then BOPs older than a few weeks can be safely deleted. Depending upon your company's business processes, it might even be safe to delete "U" results that are only a few days old.

Read knowledge base article https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1623412 This note describes your situation, some guidelines, and also offers a solution of how to delete these U entries in a background job using program /SAPAPO/BOP_CHECK_STATUS. If you try to delete a million records interactively, the process is painfully slow.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

Thanks for the information, going to be reviewing that today, really appreciate the insight here.

Thanks

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Agree with Dogboy49. When you leave the status field blank in the BOP_DELETE program, it excludes BOP's with 'U' status. You need to specifically set the value to U in the BOP_DELETE program to include it in the run. SAP will give a warning but you can ignore that as long as you do all the things that Dogboy49 mentioned.

If you have not run it before in a production system I suggest running it in a testing client first. Also, run it background for short date ranges - running it wide open can sometimes overwhelm the system leading to dumps/ timeouts.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

RishI,

Thanks for confirming what DB49 has said, we have run tests in our test system and it did reduce the size of the table. I'm going to work after hours next week and slowly run the program with the U selection. I do have another question, what does this exactly delete? is it any Back orders that are old and haven't been filled?

Thanks

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

is it any Back orders that are old and haven't been filled?

No.

During Backorder processing, SAP collects all the changes that must be made to every requirement doc (such as Sales order schedules), and places them into this database. After all the records are collected, and the first step of the BOP process is completed, the changes that are contained in this database are then sent over to ERP for booking into the actual sales doc. After all changes have been successfully sent, and ERP has reported back that all updates were done, BOP program changes the status of the BOP run to 'X'.

During BOP processing, like every ATP check in SCM, the process will generate Temporary quantity Assignments. GATP uses TQAs during all of its ATP calculations, for both current online ATP checks, and also for future BOP runs. The TQAs that were generated during the BOP run are also noted in this database.

When you delete the BOP records, you are not only deleting the records of what was sent to ERP, you also delete the actual TQAs that were assigned within the records.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49, this was a great explaination for me, thank you very much, really helped.

Thanks

Paul