Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization error in Repository after idle time

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem in ESR where after some idle time I suddenly loose all my authorizations to perform any actions in Repository (sometimes also Directory). I'm even denied the authorization to close objects or the entire ESR altogether.

This happens after I have worked on an object, then leave it for some time (I have yet to find out the exact time). Then when I try to continue working on the object, a window pops up saying "User has no authorization".

Note that I have all necessary roles, and I can perform all the actions when I force-shut the ESR (by killing the ESR-process on OS-level) and log on again. However the objects are locked and I need to remove the lock from the Integration Builder Administration page in order to change the object. This is very annoying!

I have checked the Default Trace when this happens and found that the userID with which I am logged on has for some reason changed to J2EE_GUEST! I am guessing this is the reason I am not allowed to work on the object anymore, as J2EE_GUEST does not have the appropriate authorizations.

The Default Trace shows the following (my real user ID is in this system ERIKEN):

System exception

[EXCEPTION]

javax.ejb.EJBAccessException: Principal: Message buffer:

No messages available.

Transient data:

• com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabag Thu Feb 23 16:34:09 CET 2012

• UniqueID: USER.R3_DATASOURCE.J2EE_GUEST

• Type: USER

• Home data source: R3_DATASOURCE

• Private id part: J2EE_GUEST

• Existence not checked.

• "com.sap.security.core.usermanagement"|->"j_authscheme" (no time limit)="anonymous"

Persistent data:

• com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabag Thu Feb 23 16:34:09 CET 2012

• UniqueID: USER.R3_DATASOURCE.J2EE_GUEST

• Type: USER

• Home data source: R3_DATASOURCE

• Private id part: J2EE_GUEST

• Principal exists.

• Direct parents:

• GRUP: GRUP.R3_ROLE_DS.SAP_J2EE_GUEST

• GRUP.SUPER_GROUPS_DATASOURCE.EVERYONE

• GRUP.SUPER_GROUPS_DATASOURCE.Anonymous Users

• ROLE:

Why does this happen?

More importantly, how can I fix it?

This happens in different systems, on different releases, but this particular system is PI 7.11 - SP08. Java version is 1.6.0_29.

Appreciate any hints!

Regards,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kenneth

Solution in this note: 1622692 - PI ESR: No authorization for this action

Please check

Regards

Sourabh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we had the same issue which was fixed by the latest JVM 5.1, J2EE-APPS, J2EE-FRMW, J2EE-ENGINESERVERCORE and ENGINEAPI patches. refer the note suggested by sourabh for details.