Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Java API and PI adapter configuration

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am starting off new with MDM JAVA API, as this the prerequisite for MDM PI adapter. I have few doubts regarding the installation and configuration

1. Where should I deploy the Java API . jar files to be used with NWDS(client side), so what part of Java API should be deployed on Netweaver AS Java.

2. What should be deployed on MDM server?

3. It is mentioned that MDM connector needs to deployed in Netweaver application server. Where is the Netweaver AS Java for MDM ?

4. How is the Netweaver AS Java physically or logically connected to MDM ?

5. Can we use Netweaver AS java which is used for SAP PI ?

6. MDS and Java API should be of the same build version. Is it enough to have same version and service pack or do we need to have the same patch level for both ?

7. SAP help guides say that, Prior to MDM 7.1 SP07, MDM JAVA API (MDM_JAVA_API.sca) component is sufficient as prerequisite for MDM PI adapter. How is it possible without MDM connector ?

8. Once we deploy Java API and MDM PI adapter, how are we going to get the files in our inbound port ready folder ?

After reading all the documents, I am totally confused. If anyone have experience on this, Please help me out. I really appreciate any inputs on this from your experience.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

According to my knowledge

1) java api is deployed on nwds itself under the project you want to develop.

2) Nothing required to deploy on mdm server.

3) the ear files that we creates needs to be deployed on j2ee engine that acts connection to netweaver AS which is present in pi server.

4) Through MDM CONNECTORS.

5) YES

6) I think same version and service pack would work.

7) Now in MDM 7.1 SP7 two files mdm java api, mdm connector are separated, previously it was one.

😎 we just have to give the port ready folder name, this configuration is done in pi.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Answers (0)