cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue WBS elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wanted to know some clarifications on Revenue WBS elements basically on functional aspects-

Assumed, if there is a Revenue WBS element, planned via CJ42 and post operation booked some actuals and then settled to a receiver. Here, I would like to know-

1. Revenue reffers to income, how do they calculate revenue generation from the same WBS? Is there any t-code or report?

2. When they plan revenue for WBS in CJ42, is it something similar that, they are planning costs (as we do in CJ40) or is there any separate planning method for Revenue?

3. Can we have an AUC for a revenue WBS if investment profile assgined to it? Does system support it?

4. What are the pre-requisites to close a revenue WBS element?

Thanks a lot for your time and understanding.

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Revenue reffers to income, how do they calculate revenue generation from the same WBS? Is there any t-code or report?

Revenue inccurs for a Project when you sell the Product to the Customer.i.e in SAP When you deliver the Product and based on that you Invoice to the Customer, Revenue is posted to the WBS element assigned in the Sales Order.

You can use Reports - CJI3 and S_ALR_87013564

When they plan revenue for WBS in CJ42, is it something similar that, they are planning costs (as we do in CJ40) or is there any separate planning method for Revenue?

Yes it is similar to Hierachical Cost Planning , but we have as well Automatic Revenue Planning which fetched from the Sales Order to which WBS element is linked.

Can we have an AUC for a revenue WBS if investment profile assgined to it? Does system support it?

The Business Scenario for Investment Project is that you captue costs and settle to Asset , but you dont sell it.

So Considering logic it might be wrong process. I have never tried this.

What are the pre-requisites to close a revenue WBS element?

You need to perform Period End Closing Process for Project.

The Costs should be settled to Profitablitiy Segment/ Cost Center

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Your responses to my queries really makes a great sense. Thanks a lot for your time and support.

Regards,

Sumanth.

Answers (0)