cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Checking Horizon Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need your help in understanding system behaviour of deciding the End of Checking Horizon date, pls

Master Data Maintianed:

Material: A

ATP Group: ZF

Total Rep Lead time: 0

Procurement type: E

GR time: 1

In house prod time: 15

ZF is copy of 02 with checking horizon maintained on it!

Now when I create a sales order I expected end of checking horizon to be 16 days in future. but End of Checking horizon is current date.

On checking the help its says:

The end of the checking horizon is set to the current day if you include the checking horizon in theproduct master record.

However this is not the case with every material of similar details. I can see in APO the checking horizon is correct, still the Sales order has current date.

Can anyone of please advice onthis

-thanks in advance

-RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK

As other experts have mentioned, please check Product Master in APO - Checking Horizon should be 16 days in this case. In case you do not see it, its an issue with CIF, please try to do an initial transfer so that Checking Horizon becomes in sync. I assume that you have already maintained the checking horizon configuration in "maintain Check Control". Once you do an ATP Check for the Sales Order, it should consider 16 days as Checking Horizon. I am assuming that you do not have any user exit to tweak the bahaviour.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone of you for your response

However as I mentioned in my question, the check horizon config and details have been maintained as you guys mentioned, and I can see the check horizon of 16 days in APO master data.

But for this sales order the checking horizon end date is showing as current date.

And when I check the help on the checking date: It mentions that:

"... current date of checking horizon is made when checking horizon is maintained in master data..." I didnt understand this.

Can you guys tell more on this (..checking date as current date..) or any advice is appreciated, please

-Thanks in advance

-RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

However as I mentioned in my question, the check horizon config and details have been maintained as you guys mentioned, and I can see the check horizon of 16 days in APO master data.

But for this sales order the checking horizon end date is showing as current date.

"... current date of checking horizon is made when checking horizon is maintained in master data..." I didnt understand this.

Can you guys tell more on this (..checking date as current date..) or any advice is appreciated, please

-Thanks in advance

-RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you guys tell more on this (..when does checking date show up as current date..) or any advice is appreciated, please

-Thanks in advance

-RK

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I am interested in knowing where you are seeing the end of checking horizon date (which transaction, and which field). Could you please share this in order to understand your issue?

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Maybe I am saying something obvious but you have checked in Product Master in APO that Checking Horizon in ATP Tab is fullfilled.

Best Regards

Pablo

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintain the checking horizon in the product master on the ATP tab. Afterwards you should see a different end of checking horizon.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The checking horizon defines a time interval (check date + period) in which a product availability check can be carried out. If the requirements date lies within this time interval, the check is carried out. Requirements that lie after the end of the checking horizon are not checked, which means they are confirmed in full. The checking horizon can be used to model the replenishment lead time, for example.

The following prerequisites must be met for using the checking horizon:

The checking horizon and the checking horizon calendar must be entered in the location-specific product master data.

The checking horizon must be activated in Customizing for the check control.

Hope the information is helpful

Regards