cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Slotting functionality question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Last week we had some discussion on EWM functionality with a few colleagues. Now, I have a specific question regarding the slotting functionality that someone can hopefully answer.

During Slotting, a storage concept is considered for a specific product, which ensures the most efficient storage and picking of goods. However, is Slotting also able to take product dependencies into account?

For example: assume I have a warehouse which contains rims and tyres. If there's demand for a 16 inch tyre, changes are big that I also need a 16 inch rim. So, it would be good to store both products near eachother to reduce travel time in the warehouse.

Is it possible to link those products to each other, so that slotting takes this "linkage" into account?

Thanks & regards,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

I pretty much think that you can solve the problem using the Stock Determination Group from the Warehouse Product Master in the Warehouse Data Tab. Afterwards, if the the system does not determine it automatically during the slotting run then maybe you can enter it in a MaintenanceGrp for the Slotting run.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu Maxim,

Thanks, we will give it a try.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)