cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do we use the ITEM USAGE in SD Transaction Level ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In VOV4, We maintain the Item Category Determination for sales use.

I know that the following are the elements used in determining the item category:

1. Sales Document Type

2. Item Category Group

3. Item USAGE

4. Higher Level Item Category

Now, My Question is,WHERE Exactly we use this "Item USAGE" in the transaction level.

Is any one Having any IDEA where do we use this ITEM USAGE at transaction level ?

Please be so kind and guide me finding its location in transactions.

BR,

Venkat

Please search the forums before posting - see [rules of engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement]

Edited by: Ian Kehoe on Feb 29, 2012 10:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the Path

SPRO > Sales and Distribution > Sales > sales Document > Sales Document Item > Define Item Category Usage.

In Scenario example where say Batch management / packing is involved we user USAGE as a part of Item Category determination.

Thanks

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

But what I was trying to find is:

Can you mention the FIELD physically where I can see item category in a document.

To be precise:

See i know where the item category is defined and how to do item category determination.

But, I am trying to find where do we enter this ITEM USAGE while doing the transaction once we have defined it in SPRO.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in t.code VD51/VD52.

Regards,

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Taking an example for Batch management process.

In Batch Management process from the SD perespective when we do delivery we have TWO Item Category that will be displaying in the Delivery Document.

So there is a parent line item and then a sub line item. Sub Line item will have the batch number and the quantity. There in order to determine these two line item from the Item category determination purpose this USAGE come into play.

ITEM Category define - How you will control the behaviour of the material . Now for batch management process and the batch managed Material behaves in a different way.

So this usage is used to map such bussiness scenario. Frequently used are PACKING Scenario , Batch Management and Free goods.

Thanks

RB

Edited by: RBhardwaj on Feb 23, 2012 7:33 PM

Edited by: RBhardwaj on Feb 23, 2012 7:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ShivRam,

Thank you so much for your prosperous response.

Could you clarify one more thing . . .that is : If I do not maintain any CUSTOMER MATERIAL INFO Record then WHERE Would teh system be looking for that ITEM CATEGORY USAGE ?

Is this VD51 is the only transaction to maintain the ITEM CATEGORY USAGE or any other source available for the system to check for this ?

BR,

Venkat

Please search the forums before posting - see [rules of engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement]

Edited by: Ian Kehoe on Feb 29, 2012 10:50 PM