cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdM 7.2 DataSource is unstable / NW 7.3 MS-SQL 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

during a fresh setup of IdM 7.2 the connection between UI and database is unstable.

After a manual (re-) start of the IDM_DataSource the Idm- & Admin-UIs just work fine (so the DB-Connection-String / User / Datasource Name are OK), but after about 2 minutes we first get an error "Could not get MSKEY for logged in user" and upon refresh it says "Service is down", "Access denied".

After a wait-time of about 2-5 minutes the IdM UI works fine again, until it crashes again after 2-3 minutes.

We use Win 2008R2 with SQL 2008 R2 64 bit as database server.

We are on NetWeaver 7.3 SP5 / MaxDB 7.8 / SLES11 / SAPJVM6.1, so we used sqljdbc4.jar as JDBC driver, prefix_prov as connection user.

IDM UI is on SP3 Pach 5 (IDMIC03_5-20005939.SCA)

Network (ping) is stable without losses & firewalls are switched off on both ends.

We already maintained additional settings in IDM_DataSource -> Connection Pooling, Initial Connections = 1 (default:0), Max Connections = 100 (default:25), but this does not solve the problem.

A restart of the AS Java did not help, neither did a re-creation of the JDBC-Driver / datasource.

For lack of other things to try, I exchanged sqljdbc4.jar with sqljdbc.jar but this throws the expected error because of JVM 1.6, of course.

defaultTrace contains the following entries:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException caught: Connection reset.
ConnectionID:51 Prelogin error: host sapidm00.test.local port 1433 Error reading prelogin response: Connection reset

and finally:

Cannot get connection to database
[EXCEPTION]
com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseSQLException: ResourceException occurred in method 
ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): javax.resource.ResourceException: (Failed in component: dbpool, BC-JAS-TRH) 
Cannot create connection. Possible reasons: 1)Maximum allowed connections to DB or EIS is reached. You can apply CSN 
Note 719778 in order to check and resolve connection leaks. 2) Configuration to DB/EIS is wrong or DB/EIS is temporary 
unreachable. 3) Connections are not enough for current load.

Has anyone experienced sth. similar and can direct me to a solution or give some other appreciated input?!

BR

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For testing I created a second UI on a NW 7.01 on JVM 1.4, sqljdbc 1.2 pointing to the same Identity Store on MS SQL 2008.

First impression: it runs as expected, although I also receive "Could not get MSKEY for logged-in user" on the To Do-Tab. But if I click on another tab it continues to work without further interruptions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that the Win2k8 running the Database was a Windows 2011 SBS, which already included SQL Express 2008 instances. The guys added a new Server 2008 Enterprise instance to this host which might have lead to these problems, although TCP/IP was disabled for the Express instances.

Solved by installing a Windows 2008 R2 single system with single SQL Server 208 R2 Enterprise instance. now everything runs as smooth as expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For those searching and finding this I'd also like to suggest looking at note 1573750 that can be found here.  It talks about the  Access denied, service is down error message.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1573750

Source: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(IDM)+SAP+NetWeaver+Identity+Management

Paul