cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'A file or directory doesn't exist' error during java stack update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've done a fresh installation of solution manger system on IBM iseries box (OS400 & DB2 combo).

As part of post installation activity, I've updated the kernel patch, updated the ABAP stack to sp4, and am currently doing the java stack update.

I'm struck with one error. The log file shows:

Feb 23, 2012 7:54:35 PM Error: /usr/sap/SLM/SYS/global/j2eeclient/META-INF/SAP_MANIFEST.MF (A file or directory in the path name does not exist.)

Feb 23, 2012 7:54:35 PM Error: Error deploying Fileset Complete to /usr/sap/SLM/SYS/global/j2eeclient

Feb 23, 2012 7:54:35 PM Info: ***** End of File-System Deployment com.sap.engine.client *****

Feb 23, 2012 7:54:35 PM Error: Aborted: development component 'com.sap.engine.client'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0209.20110628100654.0000'/'1', grouped by :

Deployment was not successful

I've checked the file system and found that the directory META-INF is not present in /../../global/j2eeclient

Please suggest a solution.

Thank You.

regards,

vin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vin,

I hope below SAP note would be helpful:

Note 1471177 - IBM i: Correcting authorizations during Java deployment

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This issue is resolved now.

note 1456894 did the trick.

I'm going to assign points to both of you.

Thanks&Regards

vin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an easy solution:

From the OS command line, do WRKLNK, go to /usr/sap/SLMS/global/j2eeclient, at the top where it shows the directory, do a copy on this. Then at the command line type MD, do F4, paste the directory name in the first line, then after j2eeclient add /META-INF'

• IMportant*** Make sure the full directory name is in single quotes.*

*On the next 2 lines change INDIR to RWX. Then press enter and re-run your job. If you have any problems let me know.