cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Adapter-Specific Message Attributes in an Adapter Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I want to set Adapter-Specific Message Attributes in an Adapter Module. Is it possible to configure the Variable Transport Binding in this way?

Best regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just wrote a blog around the subject I hope it will be helpful <a href="/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/10/05/dynamic-configuration-in-adapter-modules">Blog</a>

/daniel

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Quick Question Regarding your Blog,

Is there any specific JAR file that needs to be imported ?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need to find a jar, this should be specified in the end of the blog. Together with location the jar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

many thanks for your Blog-Entry. It helps me a lot

I solved the problem with a workaround: Much java code in a user defined function in a message mapping. But this was an ugly solution in my opinion.

Your solution sounds much better, because I can keep the code in one adapter module

Best regards,

Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd like to know it as well.

I've checked out the XI AF API but didn't find much.

One thing that I've observed is that since Module API can treat any Message Class (not only XI Messages), I guess it won't have any specific methods for XI messages (hence, no dynamic configuration). But you could try to get the message object and then treat it as an XI Message (you would be doing the steps that the Java Mapping API do before it calls a Java Mapping class) to get the Map objects (which include the parameters).

Good luck on it, and let us know if you have any progress!

Regards,

Henrique.