cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The estimated travel amounts could not be determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts..

We are integrating travel management with fund management.

we want to use estimated cost to check budget while creating travel request.

but then when we create expense report, we got warning "The estimated travel amounts could not be determined"

how to solve this?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hopes you have define your one expense type as estimated cost..

To integrate Travel Management with Funds Management, proceed as follows:

● Activate integration with Funds Management (see Integration with Travel Management).

● In Customizing for Travel Management, under Travel Expenses ® Master Data ® Travel Expense Types ® Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts, create an expense type with the following properties:

○ Short name: for example, Estimated Costs

○ Travel Expense Category: Other

○ Amounts are: Estimated Costs, No Reimbursement to Employee

When users specify estimated costs that are greater than zero in travel requests, the system creates a receipt for the estimated costs, which is forwarded as a commitment document to Funds Management.

After the trip takes place, the user needs to manually delete the automatically created receipt from the receipt buffer in the expense report.

Also check your configuration from Funds management side.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/f0/ca3fec260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Hopes it would serve your purpose..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

It would seem here you need to also create an expense type for estimated cost in V_T706B1 (amount should be "estimated cost, no reimbursement to employee" Make sure also that you label it for example "ESTC" which means for Estimated Cost. Furthermore, you will also need a corresponding Wage type so this expense type ESTC should also be included in table V_T706B4.

The documentation Muhammed referenced is very comprehensive here but this is the first customizing behand funds management for estimated cost expense type and this error occurs otherwise in PR05!

Hope it helps

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad and Sally,

thanks for reply.

I already create expense type Estimated cost as you said (at V_T706B1 and V_T706B4)

but I didn't get it how to delete manually the automatically created receipt?

when i create expense report - there is no estimated cost receipt in expense.

Am I missing any configuration?

thanks